• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

these are what i fill in, right?

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
wtf.jpg

my dad is going insane trying to tackle this by himself. i pulled it and assembled the bottom end. due to work and school, i had to come back to cleveland and leave the rest of the job for him. needless to say, this is a little too much for him. he is mechanically inclined, just doesnt understand the custom things that need to be done when swapping a 3L. i've been guiding him through this telling him only what i know. i'm not about to tell him wrong information and screw up the heads. but is that the hole that should be filled?

Save your dad the time and headache, pick up bugzuki plates. They make it self explanatory

Negitive. That's a 3L head. You need to use your 2.5 heads if you're "filling" anything. It'll be on the block that you have to fill in. If you were to fill the hole as pictured, then you'd have to port the hole. Way pain in the @$$.

Negitive. That's a 3L head. You need to use your 2.5 heads if you're "filling" anything. It'll be on the block that you have to fill in. If you were to fill the hole as pictured, then you'd have to port the hole. Way pain in the @$$.

Wrong. That's exactly what hes doing, he is doing 3l heads and portmatched SVT intakes... so yes, that is what you need to fill.

i would remove more metal from it too if i were you, and it might take you like a week to get the bugzuki plates but they're great for a template and also you don't have to worry about the jb weld coming undone, personally i wouldn't trust jb weld, if anything other then the plates i would get someone to tig weld it in.

I'm gonna throw out another vote to NOT use JB weld. Getting it TIG'd would be the best, safest & smartest way to go. But it sounds like those aren't your priorities. In which case, I would suggest using something more pliable than JB weld. I would use a soft urethane or something similar. It should adhere better and be more forgiving to imperfect prep. Plus, it is likely to do much less damage if it were to come loose.

Last edited:
get the lim mod from Nautilus. no filling or porting...hell charge it and overnight it. plus ull need a tune anyways. i would have to agree on the no jbweld. tig is by far better

i dropped my heads off at a shop and they had them for a week, they rebuilt, PnP and port matched the intake and exhaust gaskets.. here is some pics of my heads. i did mine before nautilus was around, i would have done the LIM mod espically since i tuned the secondaries out anyways...

heads19ef.jpg

heads21nk.jpg

if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost to get that done? i've already ported mine myself but i was wondering how much it would've costed.

well its too late. my dad developed a template to use in conjunction with the JB weld so everything will be perfect in there. we'll just hope it holds. i'll drive the car this way until i take it off the road. then we can tear it down and do it right.

If you use JB Weld, make sure to rough up the surfaces to ensure a good bond. Nothing wrong with using the stuff if you prepare the surfaces right.

Back