• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Unorthodox Crank UDP

DyComet

Veteran CEG'er
I've done some research in the old forums about the Unorthodox UDP pulley and while some say it can cause early engine failure others had no problems with it. I picked up some U/D Alt & Ps. pulleys off ebay (96BlackSE's pulley's)for $100 and with them came the Unorthodox Crank UDP that I plan putting on the upcoming 3L. My question is, is the Unorthodox Crank UDP worth the risk, if existent, or should I just sell it and just use the power steering and alternator pulley's?

Last edited:
You know back in the day I used to think that they were potentially harmful, but I dont know if there has ever been any proof theyve caused an engine failure. I say go for it.

I have had an ASP underdrive pulley on my car for a couple of months now and have not noticed and harmful damage caused by this.I did notice a smoother power band and a little increase in power.just my 2 cents

Does anyone know of any cases where it has caused engine failure? I'd really hate to completely build this 3L and have it fail on me.

Does anyone know of any cases where it has caused engine failure? I'd really hate to completely build this 3L and have it fail on me.

I really wouldnt suspect it to cause engine failure. Basically the belief is it causes pre-mature engine failure. Like, instead of the engine going 100k it will only go 80k...something along those lines. Since I've been here I haven't seen any posts about it causing any sort of damage.

Back