• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

power locks

jolly8286

Hard-core CEG'er
the other night i went to lock my car after getting out. I hit the lock button on the remote and nothing, no noises. but when i hit it twice to show it had been locked(horn beep), it beeped. so i decided to get in the car and try the lock buttons in the door panels and they wouldn't do anything either. so i just manually locked all the doors.

funny thing is the next morning i walked out to my car and hit the unlock button and it unlocked like normal. then i tried locking it again and everything worked fine.

now my question is, is it something in the car or is it in the remote itself? any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know the remotes for mine used to work randomly like that but it always worked with the buttons inside the car so i really dont know what to tell ya.

Ok my problem seems to get worse, now the door locks randomly work and when they do the locks go really slow and when they don't work, the trunk won't pop either. could i have a bad relay or wiring problems? I can't find anything. and it's making a clicking underneath the dash on the passenger side. I noticed that it didn't started doing this until after my E0 dash install.

Back