• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Possible meet @ an auto-x

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
It is starting to look like this months rally is going to be cancled. If this does happen, I'm going to get some R compound tires and hit up every autocross I can in the following month. I was thinking this would be the perfect opportunity for others to show up to an autocross and drive their contours fast. I can give in car instruction to anyone wanting to learn how to drive a car faster. Gulf coast autocrossers is having a two day autocross on the 31st and 1st. So... Would anyone be interested in autocrossing?

GulfCoast AutoCrossers Info

GulfCoast AutoCrossers Info

I'd LOVE to see more CEG'ers out there!

Check this link. We have school Sat am, practice all day Sat, and Sun race for points (mile long course!). Sat $20, Sun $30, includes hot dogs on Sat & hamburgs & hot dogs on Sun.

We've got some loaner helmets if you need one. Be sure to bring your license - no license, no runs (insurance requirements). I'll be working registration both mornings & timing on Sun, so say 'Hi".

Directions to our site, use Satellite View to see the airfield & tracks scrubbed bare by our racing.

I'll be at the CFR autocross on the 17th and 18th. Since its at the brookville airport you have to be registered by midnight tonight. That includes drivers and spectators. I definitly want to go to a gulfcoast autocross event.

The may 17th rally in starke is still on!!! I thought it would be canceled for sure, but instead its still on and going to be better than planned. They are adding extra Tarmac stage where the bleachers are for better spectator aspect. I will find the aerial photos and add them in the pics and video section when I find them.

No. This is one of the very few events that offers everything a FULL stage rally offers without the special requirements. It's going to be the most spectacular entry level racing event ever put together.

I forget if its today or tomarrow, but there's still time to register. The only downfall is that it's $125. Insurance is expensive and there's course workers provided. Just like a full stage rally, but a fraction of the price and distance. It's really a great deal as far as seat time and experience per dollar.

Back