• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Upgrades for 3.0???

svttour2000_03

New CEG'er
I know some of you are going to say do a search and I did and really didnt come up with jack..

I just want to know if there are any internal upgrades for the 3.0 duratec?
Pistos, rods, crank, ect?

Ive been looking on the internet and in the forums and the only thing I have found is the diamond pistons someone had stated they had used. I went to Diamonds web site and did not see the pistons in the cataloge. So do they have to be custom built or what ?

if any of you know the prices of any of these parts or an idea please reply.

Im looking at doing a 3l pretty soon, going to get the engine from lkq has just under 42k on it..Still want to build it up just incase i want to force some air down its throat later on.. I realize i will sacrifice power going with a lower compression ratio,but there is always the juice to take care of that temporary lack of power untill i hook up the snail shell.

I know some of you are going to say do a search and I did and really didnt come up with jack..

I just want to know if there are any internal upgrades for the 3.0 duratec?
Pistos, rods, crank, ect?

Ive been looking on the internet and in the forums and the only thing I have found is the diamond pistons someone had stated they had used. I went to Diamonds web site and did not see the pistons in the cataloge. So do they have to be custom built or what ?

if any of you know the prices of any of these parts or an idea please reply.

Im looking at doing a 3l pretty soon, going to get the engine from lkq has just under 42k on it..Still want to build it up just incase i want to force some air down its throat later on.. I realize i will sacrifice power going with a lower compression ratio,but there is always the juice to take care of that temporary lack of power untill i hook up the snail shell.

The diamond pistons are custom built and you have to give them specs I do have a build number you can use if you want to go 8:5.1 with .020 over. The pistons are good up to 800hp motor and the rods are made by Pauter and cost $1050 for I beams rods and they are good for over 1000hp for sure. The block is good for 1000hp and the rank is good for 1200hp. The stock 3 liter an handle 13 psi max which is about 450hp and I just found out the rods are not good fr anything over 15 psi 500hp. The stock motor is more than the car can handle for it platform. I ran over 400whp and could hardly get any traction under 100mph it almost not fun to drive I would not waste your money on built parts unless you plan on making it all out race car or just want a big buffer.

thanks for the info... I should have known that, guess im just use to going for the hp number instead of the actual usable horsepower.. What can i say, like brad paisely sing, Im still a guy... we are always wanting more hp then the next guy lol... thanks again for the very informative reply. It was much appreciated..

Back