• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For all those civics out there

I rarely get people pulling up next to me trying to act badass. :shrug:
Maybe I'm just not driving in the "cool" parts of town. lol

Nice little piece of copyright infringement you have there.

Did you know that Bill Watterson NEVER licensed out the images for Calvin and Hobbes - except for re-printing of the comic strips themselves. That's why you will never see a Calvin & Hobbes movies or officially licensed stuffed animals. He could have made billions - just ask Matt Groenig.

i dont know about you, but i know at least 20 hondas in my local(buffalo) car club that would blow my svt out of the sky.

Out of the sky? I know you are working on some projects, but tell me how you got your SVT to Fly! Can you take it back to the future too?

air ride my friend :cool: bounce, bounce, swoosh!!! up, up, and away!!!!!!! as for taking it back to the future, i havent tried that yet. thats still in the works

I mostly get people in automatic pontiacs and SUV's trying to race me.. the civics around here are pretty tame.

That's about as cool as a Type R badge on a Ford.

Or VTEC? lol!
FordContourVTEC-1.jpg

Did you know that Bill Watterson NEVER licensed out the images for Calvin and Hobbes - except for re-printing of the comic strips themselves. That's why you will never see a Calvin & Hobbes movies or officially licensed stuffed animals. He could have made billions - just ask Matt Groenig.
I did. Thus my comment. I should have added this to it: :nonono:

What if you happen to run into a Civic that kicks your ass?

which can happen on a daily basis due to the fact that its so cheap and easy to boost one of those things.

I think I saw a full turbo kit on ebay the other day for like $500, Civic SI + turbo bolt on kit running 8psi = 1 pwned SVT contour.

met a guy in jacksonville, FL that has a Si that will take out beefed up V8s. Streetfire has plenty of proof that a civic can be pretty fast (dyno runs of course:rolleyes:). But usually people that get civics only have enough money to buy the huge "H" for their rear window. And if someone does have enough money to put down, they usually move to a different platform.

which can happen on a daily basis due to the fact that its so cheap and easy to boost one of those things.

I think I saw a full turbo kit on ebay the other day for like $500, Civic SI + turbo bolt on kit running 8psi = 1 pwned SVT contour.

A full kit for $500? Find that hard to believe.

Aaron

A full kit for $500? Find that hard to believe.

Aaron

right around there, I think after all said and done it was like $650 shipped, its obviously not a super awesome turbo kit, but a turbo kit is a turbo kit none the less.

I thought about buying a beater civic and putting one of those turbo kits on it just for fun as a winter car.

right around there, I think after all said and done it was like $650 shipped, its obviously not a super awesome turbo kit, but a turbo kit is a turbo kit none the less.

I thought about buying a beater civic and putting one of those turbo kits on it just for fun as a winter car.

One of my friends has a orange hatchback called the "pumpkin" with a full turbo kit that poops on almost anything around here. He built the kit himself for 700 bucks and the civic cost him 700. Ridiculous.

I barely beat a turbo'd Civic in my Mazdaspeed, I seriously doubt your CSVT with a new air filter and mufflers would have stood a chance. Sorry mangh, I'm Southern and that's a redneck sticker. :crazy:

theres civics out there that can kick my ass i know that, it would be nice though to drive around to get places with out people putting on the huge mufflers and acting like an ahole revving their engine trying to race, but apparently you guys don't have the same problem as me

i had a CRX on the highway the other day that was driving in what sounded like 4th gear, i pushed the clutch and gave a quick lil rev, he shifted and slowed down (wuss) and my car is stock minus the resonator and main cat(clogged)

Back