• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Traction and Fidanza

mosh

CEG'er
I'm putting together my 3L parts and my first inclination is to go with a lightweight flywheel just to stack the deck for good performance. Assuming an LSD and a strong NA 3L is it worthwhile? Anybody put in a Fidanza in a 3L and regret it? Any thoughts are appreciated before I dump $300+.

i'd say its worth it for a N/A 3L. u wanna get to those high rpms quick. on a FI'd u don't wanna get there too quick tho:laugh:. its uncomfortable for daily driving and u could literally sit there spinning wheels all day long if u wanted.

I would say its good for a NA 3.0. Like mentioned above not great for turbo, especialy higher clamp force clutches.

I have a nice deal on a Fidanza in the classifeds if your interested. Shoot me a pm. Will save you some money. Plus some Slick shift forks you can install while trans is out.

That combo isn't very daily driver friendly IMO though. I like mine, but if you want something a little easier to manage, the SVT flywheel is fine.

My only issue is the motor moves more then it should due to the shot rear roll resistor. My dad was able to drive the car just fine on his first time ever driving it... he hasn't driven a manual in over a decade...

Mainly because of the 3+ clutch though. I had the fidanza with the stock SVT clutch and didn't have any drivability issues.

The 3+ is a little work.. I do dail drive it, but 1st gear is the only issue and I've gotten darn good at it...

I got the Spec flywheel with my Stage 1 clutch mainly because I wasn't comfortable with any of the machine shops(where I did the swap) resurfacing my flywheel. I needed a flywheel that was properly machined and I needed it in a hurry.

If I had the time and the need to do it again, I'd go with the SVT clutch, slightly lightened, and machined to the proper specs.

Thanks for all the input. I'm leaning towards the Fidanza with a Spec stage 1 or 2 clutch. It will see a drag race twice a year max.

Back