• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno Tuning

posthuman63t

Veteran CEG'er
Where have you guys gone for dyno tuning? I want to finally (after a year and a half) get my 3L tuned. Off of SCTFlash's website, I have checked out Logan Motorsports in Ill, (Dont use a rolling dyno (?), a set up attatches to the hub/axle/whatever area) and there is another place that I'm not too familiar with that is in kenosha on 60th. These are the closest "in-house" dyno's I have founf that are sct dealers as well. If anyone has some experience with these places or any others, let me know. I'm in Oak Creek (South Milwaukee) and I don;t want to drive too far away. Logan is 90 miles and thats about my limit. Thanks!

Logans is really the only place in the area with any real experience tuning the duratec. a number of our guys have tuned there with only positive results. They are definitely worth the drive.

Alright, I emailed both the places I was looking at, and the kenosha one was the only place that emailed me back. I responded and haven't gotten anything back in almost 4 days. BAsed on recommendations, I think that Logans is the way to go. I'll have to call them up and schedule a day to go down there (Saturday). At least I don't have to go through Chicago. I was looking at spending roughly $500. Do you guys know if That will give them plenty of time, or what? Thanks for the replies.

ya I cant imagine it hitting 500 for tuning at logans but I could be wrong. definitely best to call them, they are quite friendly but ya I've had some problems with emailing them in the past.

tell me when you head out there, I'll gladly meet up with you [been meaning to check out their new diggs]

based on the mods in your sig it wouldnt take them too long. I like their dyno better than a roller dyno. I need to go up there as well and get a new tune but i need to tweak some things first

It's best too call them really, they always seem to answer when I call. Also I doubt you'll spend 500$ unless u factor in the cost of the xcal2, but u could always just go w/ the flip chip which is much cheaper

It's best too call them really, they always seem to answer when I call. Also I doubt you'll spend 500$ unless u factor in the cost of the xcal2, but u could always just go w/ the flip chip which is much cheaper
i spent close to $800, IIRC, but that included an xcal2 and the car was on the dyno almost all day.

and were u happy w/ the service?
Even at $800 i still think they are well worth it
i was extremely happy with the tuning. never once did i ever come close to running lean and it made plenty of power. the only problem i had was that the car had problems starting when the engine was cold. it didnt have any problems all day while on the dyno but as soon as i got to Hectors it didnt want to start. I think its because i more than doubled the size of the injectors and the PCM was having problems with that on a cold engine, where as at Logans the engine was warmed up.

ya I cant imagine it hitting 500 for tuning at logans but I could be wrong. definitely best to call them, they are quite friendly but ya I've had some problems with emailing them in the past.

tell me when you head out there, I'll gladly meet up with you [been meaning to check out their new diggs]

I'll let you know when I get out there. It will probably be either this saturday or next saturday. (Next Saturday would work best, Paycheck week).

Yea, I already have the xcal2 unit, so that will save me some money. No idea how long it will take, but I don't think it will be an all day thing. Remember, I have been driving untuned for almost 2 years, with no problems. I'm sure the car could benefit pretty well from a tune though.

I'll let you know when I get out there. It will probably be either this saturday or next saturday. (Next Saturday would work best, Paycheck week).

Yea, I already have the xcal2 unit, so that will save me some money. No idea how long it will take, but I don't think it will be an all day thing. Remember, I have been driving untuned for almost 2 years, with no problems. I'm sure the car could benefit pretty well from a tune though.

Well if you definently want some results I'd say go to logans, but its ur decision

I was thinking of taking the car for another tune before I got mine it was taken a few times before, now the only difference is the msds headers and an intake would I benfit much from another tune on my
car? I have a 3L eo.

posthuman u still going to get it tuned this next saturday? b/c i was going to head up there as well and get mine tuned

I called them up this past wednesday night, and they said that this weekend (which just passed) was booked, so call them back next wednesday to get all the details worked out. Chances are I'll be going in the morning sometime. But they seem to know what I'm talking about with the swap, and since I have been driving it for 2 years now, the parameters shouldnt be off that much to where it should take a long time.

So yes, I will be heading down there on Saturday. Once I know what time they are getting me in at, I'll post it up, then whoever wants to come down there, I'll see ya there.

Back