• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof Is On Fire

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
How hard is it to get dents out of the roof? Someone decided that it would be funny to jump on the top of the car with their hands and stomach, and ended up putting two dents on it. One of them, I KNOW Im S.O.L. because its on the corner and its only like, 2 or 3 inches in diameter, but the second one looks like it could be popped out with something. Any ideas on what could do it without spending any money or even just a tad bit?

Thanks
Mike

I had a LOT of dents in my roof (cougar) don't ask why, but I was actually standing on my roof (I'm 240 lbs) so I had heel impressions EVERYWHERE....roof looks like new thanks to Mr. Marsh who is a paintless dent removal expert. Cost me $200...but it was MORE than worth every penny.

Well, thats the thing. I'm trying to avoid going to someone or some shop to take care of it for me. I want something like, do it yourself

well you could try removeing the headliner and see if you can see the spots from underneath first...then get the body panel hammers and block for the otherside and see if you can actually do it yourself...but good luck...

then DIY dent removal on a corner crease is the last of your options..

If you could get it done for $200, you should just bite the bullet. If you don't know what you're doing with body work (which I don't) you'll probably do yourself more harm than good, or spend an entire weekend on it and still not get the results you were looking for.

Hmm, good one. I looked into that $25 Pop A Dent thing and it seems like it might work. But I dont know. I'm just gonna look into what I can do and what not. Not really in much of a hurry to fix it quite yet. Its just a small annoyance

Oddly enough people stood on my roof last year and I was just reminded how bad they were when I washed/waxed earlier today... Unfortunately i'd rather place my money else-where instead of pulling dents from the roof... My rear passenger door is another story :(

Compressed air, dry ice and a hair dryer will do it, but if its on a crease, its a no go, look into pop a dent or a body shop. :shrug:

Compressed air, dry ice and a hair dryer will do it, but if its on a crease, its a no go, look into pop a dent or a body shop. :shrug:

lol , i was just going to recommend that lol.

You tube ftw.:laugh:

Back