• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New ORANGE Tranny?

Wow, I've got an MTX-75 on the shelf from a '98 SVTC that was rolled and totaled at <5K miles. I wonder what the eBidiots would give me for it if I painted it bright Orange?

I bet bagged would have put that in his svt when it was orange :crazy: ha ha

I thought about grabbing it... It was rebuilt by aamco though...

I sent him a messing inquiring about it. Rebuild with new syncro's, blocker rings, and new oem diff...

The color was a bad idea, but there is a orange svt on here :laugh: .

In all honesty i would just repaint it, for 230+ dollars it is selling for now, it would be really worth it to buy this.

The color was a bad idea, but there is a orange svt on here :laugh: .

In all honesty i would just repaint it, for 230+ dollars it is selling for now, it would be really worth it to buy this.

Well, considering the tranny is under the hood and hidden by almost everything, I'm not sure the color matters much

I painted the Trans pan and side case cover on my old 87 Cavy. They were also orange and showed up just about the same way in the picture.

Looks like they painted while it was apart. You can see the missed a spot in one of the pictures. :blackeye:

Oh man don't tell me this. I could swap this into my aging 96 and give her new life. Not to mention, that tranny is sitting someplace within 5 miles of me if I really wanted it..

Back