• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics only.... no time to explain

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Everything is OK now, but look at the mess! BTW I have an Oil Change place change my oil. This is what happens when they don't put the :censored:ing filter on tight or on properly TWICE
That is about 11 quarts of oil in my garage and on my NEW :censored:ing driveway.

:censored:uck!
newpics083.jpg

newpics084.jpg

newpics085.jpg

newpics086.jpg

newpics087.jpg

newpics088.jpg

newpics089.jpg

Anyone know how to get oil stains out of concrete?

Last edited:
What fing retards,I once took my mustang in to Just Tires for a rotation and I thought while they were at it I would have them change the oil(it was winter and to cold to do it in my driveway)well a couple months later I go to change my oil only to find out that they stripped the drain plug(totally rounded off).Moral of the story do everything yourself I don't trust anyone anymore.Atleast their wasn't any damage to the car.

BTW your car=Sexy time!!

Exactly.....be very careful if you do use the acid its very dangerous.

Yeah, it's true. I was the gear head when I lived with my parents and my dad did it to his driveway. I came home from school and my nostrils burnt bad. Might explain why some brain cells are gone.:laugh:

I'd put my size 14 up their ass if it was my car. And that's sideways!:laugh:

That's why I would never ever go near those quick oil change places. Read up on the consumer affairs website about Jiffy Lube. I hope your engine isn't damaged, because good luck getting them to pay for it. Them conning old people into paying $40 to change a headlight and $79 for a new air filter buys them a whole battalion of lawyers to say your engine was damaged by something else, not their fault.

DAMN.........you can just give me your car, looks like your having bad luck with it.....jk, go back and stab those mother:censored::censored::censored::censored:ers in the eye with a jalapeno

DAMN... go back and stab those mother:censored::censored::censored::censored:ers in the eye with a jalapeno

:laugh:LMAO:laugh:

Yeah, these quick oil change places are the cause of the motor failure in my car. Thus, the guy giving it to me for free. When were tearing it down, we saw on the filter read "Drew was here". Yeah, he forgot to tighten the oil filter and drain plug was stripped to hell. You typical case of a quick pit change.:nonono:

that's really ****ty...this happened to me twice back when i had my gti 16v...went and loaded up on mobil 1 and a framm oil filter and went home to do the oil change....i had to park on the street to do (lived in apt) and when i was done i hopped in the car and fired it up to let the oil circulate...i noticed a few people walking by paying slightly more than casual attention to me (and im sitting there thinkin 'yeh, the vdub is :cool: , huh gramps)...when i get out to go check oil level there's 20-30 something bucks worth of mobil 1 all over the ground....

figured i had screwed up and misthreaded the filter so next oil change i took the car to crappy lube....the guys come out and tells me that the filter is defective (another framm)...i've never bought another framm filter since

since then i've had jiffy lubes and other places leave my oil cap unsecured under the hood, break the powersteering reservoir (shop manager replaced at his own expense and even took me with him in his own car to get the replacement), and do various other little stupid things...

make sure you watch those guys (and girls, sometimes) every step of the way when they are doing anything to your car, those are high turnover jobs quite often and they have no real incentive to treat your vehicle properly or give you decent service...everyone needs oil changes and repairs and getting themselves into trouble with bbb or whomever doesn't really stop them from some of the crap they pull

Yah, I tried the dawn and scrub brush after I let the oil dry sit on it for about 15 minutes, and it is stained pretty bad..... This is how the story went:

Oil change monday night at 6pm. Went great, guys were nice, and it is the only place I have ever gotten my oil changed at since I owned this car (8 years).

Drove home 7 miles. Parked it in the driveway to take my engine bay pics that I just posted. Car sat in that spot in the driveway for 2 hrs then I moved it in the garage. No oil spots in the driveway.

Wake up to go to work the next morning (tuesday). Start the car up and immediatly hear "gurgling". Ran it for about 4-6 seconds. Turned it off. All the oil squirted out from the filter :shrug: WTF?

I called the lube place and they were at my house within 20 minutes. Jacked the car up, installed new filter and filled with oil. Started it up and checked for leaks. Everythin is tight and no leaks. COOL.

He leaves and I decide I want to clean up the mess in the garage because apparently he wasn't going to do it. I start it up, no "gurgling", good, back up enough that now my car is halfway out the garage. It starts gurgling again! ****!

I pulled it off into the grass so I didn't track the oil on the new driveway more than it already has. Called up the lube place and talked to the owner.

He says "bla bla I've been doing this for 13 years bla bla your wire harness is bad or something bla bla bla tow it somewhere and have them look at it bla bla bla I will come out one more time to put another filter on and fill it again bla bla".

I said "ok"

He was going up and down about how it is not the filter and what do you know..... the 3rd filter is good :shrug:.

No leaks, smoking car, and 3 oil changes later I am back on the road to the lube place for free carwashes to clean the oil off the car......

I think it was their cheap ass filters. What do you guys think?

BTW, no motor damage because I am smart enough to shut it down when something is wrong.... they are lucky I did that.

I think I am going to give the car away, because it is just bad news for me. I am kind of worried to go and start it this morning :eek:. I will let you all know what happens...... wish me luck :crossfingers:

Last edited:
I'd bring in my own filter then. I think a Motorcraft filter is under $4. See if they can just deduct the cost of their filter from the end price.

Mark

The only time I had an issue was on the Talon. It was a cloudy over cast day when I took the old filter off and changed the oil like normal. Started it up when I was done and let it idle for a bit and quickly checked for leaks. Took it off the ramps and my brother and I decided to head into town. I let my brother drive the car and about 1/8 mile down the road he said this thing sure doesn't have any power. I looked over at the dash and the oil gauage had very low presure on it. Tell him to pull over right away and shut it down. Pop the hood and check the oil.....it was about 1/2 empty so I tell him to limp it back home. Get home, check it out and I found out the old filter gasket ripped off from the filter. The new one tightened down just fine but it ended up being gasket on gasket and once there was presure in the engine it blew the little bit of seal it had.

I'd bring in my own filter then. I think a Motorcraft filter is under $4. See if they can just deduct the cost of their filter from the end price.

Mark

That is exactly what I am going to do from now on. Not that I am too lazy to change my own oil, I don't want it sitting around in my garage and I don't want to lug it around to a place that will dispose of it..... :crazy: It is a headache just jacking it up anyway.

That is exactly what I am going to do from now on. Not that I am too lazy to change my own oil, I don't want it sitting around in my garage and I don't want to lug it around to a place that will dispose of it..... :crazy: It is a headache just jacking it up anyway.

I just fill up 5 quart jugs with the old oil and collect about 5 of them. Once it hit 5, I drop it off at AutoZone for disposal.

Back