• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Paint your eyelids?

doesn't look so clear after clear coating in that pic :shrug:. I think you should have sanded progressively and then cleared for best results.

Not the best pic, I know. I had others that looked a lot better, but the camera I had them saved on died :(

*edit* found a little better pic.

100_0154front.jpg

Last edited:
who's black SVT is that?Its not Goonz's is it?I don't recall him having thjose rims so i'm guessing its not,but whoever that is its one hott CSVT!<insert DROOL>

The black SVT belongs to Outlaw'd SVT.
Pretty hot. :drool:

Damn didn't think the eylids cut off that much of the headlight from the far away picture. Sure looks evil as hell :laugh: :laugh:

I wanna do that, but my brightness at night sucks as it is :blackeye:

Here is a more recent pic of my headlights. I have HIDs so I haven't had an issue w/ light output. These headlights that you see in the pic have been taken apart and painted on the inside of the lens so it gives the outside a smooth finish. I will see if I can get closer pics.

bridgesmall.jpg

I was gonna say because I couldnt make out why I didnt see any vinyl or fg..great job with those! Yea if you have HIDs then really that doesnt matter, in a way thats good cause it keeps the lights from scattering out.

Makes me wanna tear my headlights apart and paint the inside instead :drool:

Too bad Puddles isn't makin projectors anymore :cry:

The first attempt on eyelids was getting clear headlight covers and painting just the top of them. Next I painted bottom of the covers so the headlights would look smaller (trying to look more like a 97 98 240SX). I got tired of the way headlight covers would move and kind of bulge out so then I painted the exterior of the headlights as seen up above. I again did not like the look or feel of the headlights. I then purchased brand new headlights and popped them open to paint the inner chrome and remove side reflector and to paint the underside. The result after the changes I made was: If you want something quick and removable (if need be), and to protect your stock headlights my vote is for clear headlight covers and paint the under side to protect from scratches and to give it a nice shiny look. I think the best look by far is the taking apart and painting the undersides for a cleaner and look more from the factory.

Just my opinions
Thanks guys

Back