• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ohhhh, snap - the fuz is at it again.....

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Well, I finally got a chance to powder coat my SVT parts that have been sitting around for a few years. I want to thank pole120 for the install and random parts I needed, 69boss302 for the super cheap UIM-TB and rear valve cover, ctrdad for a sweet deal on the yellow OMP STB, pud for the high quality heat shield, and thank Tour_Racer00 for totalling his car just because :). I present to you the new and improved engine bay on EGPLNT. (still not finished, by the way) Oh, and I mounted a ELKY style licence plate bracket......

The car drives like brand new again because of the SVT UIM and TB. There was about 1/16" - 1/8" of buildup in my SE manifold and TB :yuk: :eek:

Here is the before pic of the engine bay:
powdercoat058-1.jpg

Now the new stuff:
newpics075.jpg

newpics076.jpg

newpics077.jpg

newpics078.jpg

newpics080.jpg

newpics082.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a whole different world under that hood. Congrats on the newly aquired cleanliness.

Lookin real nice!

I bet it made a huge difference going to an SVT UIM/TB from a carboned up non-svt uim/tb...

Did you have Chris optimize the TB for ya?

Joe that looks fantastic man. All you need to do now is piss in your windshield washer reservoir for a complete set! :laugh: :cool:

You're making me want to turn around and not give up on my car.

Lookin real nice!

I bet it made a huge difference going to an SVT UIM/TB from a carboned up non-svt uim/tb...

Did you have Chris optimize the TB for ya?

Your not kidding. It is a night and day difference going from what I had to this. It gave me goose bumps all over again and pole120 can vouch for that.

I didn't optimize the TB because I knew this was going to be a huge change already. Oh and does it feel like a SVT. I can definetly feel the small HP and TQ increase. Might have been only like 10 to 15 if that, but oh my oh my. It just feels awesome!

And Bildo, if it is time to move on, move on. This helps me feel better about owning what I have because I was all show no go before, but now I have the HP mod itch :eek: This should hold me over quite well until she hits 300,000 miles :).

I still get to pick which 13" brake kit I want to install that is just sitting in my basement. Baer 2 pot or Wilwood 6 pot with stainless lines :drool: Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
needs more tps!!! did you do the lim too? i didn't feel too much in my 96 until i put the 3L lim in too

Powder coat things white? Now why would I want to do that......? :laugh: I tossed around the idea :cool:
powdercoat080.jpg

needs more tps!!! did you do the lim too? i didn't feel too much in my 96 until i put the 3L lim in too

No LIM - We had some problems getting the fuel lines off my LIM, so Josh just cleaned what we could while it was still on. I feel the difference because my OEM stuff had 210,000 miles worth of crud built up :nonono: and now my car can finally breathe.

I noticed my exaust smells cleaner also :shrug: Is that wierd?

Back