• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trailblazer SS

Cobra_Jack

CEG'er
anyone have any experience with them?

I'm probably going to be picking one up this week... the CSVT is just too small, so I need to go back to an SUV for a daily driver

They are reasonably fast and can tow a little weight. If i did not tow anything I would go for a srt-8 Cherokee. I also like the way the srt8 looks better than ss.
here is a head to head comparison
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10847/speed-crazy-sport-utes.html

Basically if you want to just go fast and not haul srt8
If you want to be reasonably fast and still haul a little ss

Thanks for the link, the SRT8 costs a lot more than the SS and the looks deparment is a toss up

both get horendous gas mileage but from what I've read the SRT8 is worse

NO! You're getting black!

:p

are you buying? if so I'll take black

Trailblazer_SS_2006_1_m.jpg

sw-apr18-trailblazerss2.jpg

or
Trailblazer_SS002_resize.JPG

ss-424.jpg

must it be a trail blazer SS? I mean isn't there a cheaper and more efficient alternative? Maybe the explorer with the v8? The Pilot maybe (it's a pretty nice car), even the pathfinder? or armada?

Not that you asked, but the old Chevy Blazer was the most dangerous vehicle on the road - at least in terms of deaths per mile driven. It was off the charts.

Myabe they made the Trailblazer a little safer. Or maybe you could blame it on demographics.

Not that you asked, but the old Chevy Blazer was the most dangerous vehicle on the road - at least in terms of deaths per mile driven. It was off the charts.

Myabe they made the Trailblazer a little safer. Or maybe you could blame it on demographics.

The old Blazers have nothing in common with the Trail Blazers. I wouldn't think the Exploder's of that time were any better with safety than the Blazer was.

The Trailblazer SS has optional All wheel drive with a torque biasing center differential and limited slip 4.10 rear diff. It also has the GM Active Stability Control (GM Stabilitrac) as well as Vehicle Anti-Roll Control coupled with sport tuned front suspension and rear air suspension. Mate that with the LS6 6.0 (C6 'Vette Motor) and you have a pretty fun SUV. The interior is outstanding and when outfitted with the Sun and Sound Package you get the sunroof and a 9 Speaker Bose stereo. Of course you can opt for the DVD/Navigation System with Onstar (Onstar I believe comes standard on the SS) as well as a free subscription to it for 1 year. There is also the free subscription to XM radio for 3 months and discounted rate packages thereafter when you buy the vehicle new.The 2007 models come now with a 5 year/100,000 mile POWERTRAIN Warranty. You could add the Millenium Warranty package to that in order to make it Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage for only around 1200.00 bones.

Here is one we are selling. This is an '06 with real low miles:
http://jimgloverchevy.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=15816125

Last edited:
Back