• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

koni knobs

rocketmanrw

CEG'er
well i just swapped in some konis and bat springs but i can not get the knob to fit in the rear to stiffin up the susp. do i need to cut/trim the knob for it to fit ???
does anyone have a pic or anything to show what to use/cut ??

thanks

you guys are a bunch of SICKOs!
I had something you really would have liked :nonono: Too bad they are all gone :shrug:
Picture065.jpg

Yeah mine the front and rear drivers side fits fine, but the rear passenger side I cant get the knob on there, good thing I have 2 of then I will just shave it down some so it fits and I can tighten it up. Full firm or nothing!

Ok so back the question .... How much do I need to trim the knob for it to fit in the rear ??? Anyone have any pics of it ???
Thanks again

If I remember tomorrow I'll take a pic of mine.

I haven't used it personally yet; just the previous owner. But it is trimmed.

From reading these posts, it sounds like the amount you will need to trim will be different depending how much room you have to work with.

trim down the lip of the knob to look like the aluminum ones I made. Put it in a vise and cut it :shrug: I thought the pictures were self explanatory......

lol! I read this topic at work and couldn't see the pics. Then when I posted last night I didn't look at the earlier posts. Didn't see you had pics!

I want that aluminum knob! My plastic one is a little chewed up.

do the aluminum ones stay on? I would like to keep them on even while driving...

Im in for a set of 2 or more Powdercoated!

- amyn

Back