• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Terry H gets publicity

BiggsvT28

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I saw a post on the S2000 boards mentioning a custom 10,000 rpm high 375hp ariel atom.

Well that tranny looked familiar......

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=316&stc=1&d=1163084661

A little digging cofirmed my suspicions;

Here is a quote from the website:

"Ford were kind enough to supply CAD for their MTX75 gearbox which I'm using with custom Quaife gearset and diff (many thanks go to Kip for facilitating this!). The box was put together by Terry Haines at Haines Motorsport - he is THE expert on the MTX"

I'm not sure if people here have been following this guy's projects but the level of engineering is stunning. The hit count on the website is huge as well, Kudos to Terry.

www.dpcars.net

Attachments

• a025.jpg
    a025.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
It's just a thread similar to this one with basically everybody nutting over the car.

This guy has quite the stable.

"A more powerful version of the Atom! :) It is considerably lower and 100 lbs lighter than the Ecotec so it will both drop the CG and reduce overall weight. Should make for a fun car. Now you know."

-Taken from www.dpcars.net

Thats amazing, 100 pounds lighter, doesnt sport a supercharger, revs higher and still produces 375 horses... Out of a 2.8L?

that would make for so much fun.

Last edited:
Its the double Busa engine V8. Its rumored that it will be an extra $40ish,000 option. This info is from an Atom owner, not sure about its price validity.

Great!

Great!

With Terry putting so much of himself into his work its good to see its paying off with some "high end" stuff:)

Back