• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Drew = Classless?

Trapps

Track Marshal
I think his departure was completely devoid of class. Not to undo years of great work, and of looking out for his subordinates and coworkers; but still, I'm unimpressed. I'll continue to listen to Mike, Mike, Mark and Trudi.

WTF is it with Detroit radio anyway? The whole WKRK / D&D thing still pisses me off.

I think his departure was completely devoid of class. Not to undo years of great work, and of looking out for his subordinates and coworkers; but still, I'm unimpressed. I'll continue to listen to Mike, Mike, Mark and Trudi.

WTF is it with Detroit radio anyway? The whole WKRK / D&D thing still pisses me off.

details? i've never been a huge fan of those two. sirius>89x>wrif>everything else.

Never really listened to Drew and Mike, but I know I will never listen to 97.1 again after what happened w/ D&D.

Drew is supposedly on a leave of absence due to his wife having breast cancer I think. Also supposedly he is secretly working on some kind of thing for detroit radio as whole, dont really no for sure. Mike, Mike and Mark show is so bad. It really does suck.

I too boycott 97.1 because of d&d. Still pissed as well. Though wings,tigers and UM football are on, so I can not boycott entirely. Been wanting those to be on FM for so long.

Detroit radio pisses me off on a daily basis. Its terrible on all levels. So hard to listen to. I am stuck listing to repeat radio at work. Same playlist everday.

I could never stand Drew and Mike. Everytime they laughed I wanted to drive to their studio and rip out their throats.

Anyone know the full story on D&D? I found them in the morning right away after they got moved, but then I didn't hear anything when they disappeared, maybe I was travelling for a couple weeks or something . . . I dunno, but they up and went missing. Talk about sabotaging a successful show . . .

Wow I used to listen every morning on the internet until I quit work to go back to school. Most of their stuff was hilarious, and I loved it when they talked to the Wings or Mickey. What happened? Reason isn't his wife is it?

Anyone know the full story on D&D? I found them in the morning right away after they got moved, but then I didn't hear anything when they disappeared, maybe I was travelling for a couple weeks or something . . . I dunno, but they up and went missing. Talk about sabotaging a successful show . . .

Their contract expired at the end of the year. They couldn't come to terms on a new deal. Sounds like they were expecting it. Not sure were they are now.Maybe back to Jersey? I haven't been able to find them anywere.

Where did you find them?

I think Drew owed it to all the people who made them legends in this town, as well as the amount of money they made due to their loyal fan base. I've been listening to them for my entire adult life, well, I was about 7 monthes into being an adult when they came on and I'm pretty bummed out about it. When you listen for that long it becomes apart of life, especially for me because I've spent so much time on the road listening to them. I will continue to listen to them and I just wish Drew would come on there or WJR with Frank Beckman and clear the air himself:shrug:

Back