• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Beware Buffalo - I'm coming!

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
NFL schedule was released, which means time for us to book our annual NFL/MLB trip. We just finished booking tickets to the Toronto/Red Sox game on Sept 19th, and the Bills/Raiders game on the 21st.
:cool:

The plan is to drive out to Toronto on Friday, check into hotel and go see the game.
Then Saturday, we'll spend some time at Niagara and whatnot. Maybe check out Anchor Bar and some other clubs that night on Chippewa.
Then Sunday, tailgate and watch the football game.
Then do some other stuff Sunday night.
Drive home on Monday.

We haven't decided yet if we want to stay in two separate hotels (first night in Toronto and last two nights in Buffalo area), or find a hotel in between and commute to either city for the events.

I'm excited!

LOL!!

That reminds me... last year, my first time in joisey.. Driving back to Buffalo, I was pretty much on E and decided to get gas, so I pulled into the station and proceeded to pump so 87.. These 2 indian/arab guys were going nuts inside the station yelling at me, till i realized... You cant fill up your own gas in this state!!! Ooooops!

Luckily they were pretty cool about it.

Yeah, they get their panties in a bunch if you even get out of your car.
I worked in Jersey years ago and when filling up I would get out of the car, take the gas cap off and then listen to the guy rant and rave at me. I wasn't pumping the gas, I was just taking the gas cap off for goodness sake. There was no way they were putting the gas cap ON my car. Plus, I always watched them so they didn't leak the gas down the side of my car.

I tend to stay out of NJ unless necessary.

There goes another thread, hi-jacked again. :)

I think you mean "successfully hi-jacked", and if we're gonna get down on Jersey, I might as well tell everyone the true history of PA.

At one point in history, PA bordered the ocean, with crystal clear waters and beautiful beaches, but then we started throwing all of our trash in the ocean, and thus Jersey was born.

:laugh: :laugh: I'm just kidding I swear!

if you need a place to stay in buffalo, i can hook you up. my house has 3 spare rooms. wouldnt be a problem at all

Thanks for the offer.
We're travelling with another couple, and they're irritating. I wouldn't want to bring them into anyone's home. haha

We ended up going with the Doubletree near some sort of cancer center/hospital. Apparently it's a pretty crappy location, but the price was right.
Plus the hotel has a free shuttle to take us around so we don't have to drive or walk too much.

BUT if we do get tired on our drive home from SZ this year, maybe your parents will let us crash their place to catch a couple :zzz:

Thanks for the offer.
We're travelling with another couple, and they're irritating. I wouldn't want to bring them into anyone's home. haha

We ended up going with the Doubletree near some sort of cancer center/hospital. Apparently it's a pretty crappy location, but the price was right.
Plus the hotel has a free shuttle to take us around so we don't have to drive or walk too much.

BUT if we do get tired on our drive home from SZ this year, maybe your parents will let us crash their place to catch a couple :zzz:

This begs the following question: Why would you coordinate a trip with folks whose company you do not enjoy?

theyd be more than happy to let you crash. my dad will be at SZ, so i guess he'll just caravan with you guys back to buffalo. are you staying for go karts on sunday?

This begs the following question: Why would you coordinate a trip with folks whose company you do not enjoy?

It's a long story, and I don't feel like getting into it.
They're mostly fun to hang out with, but sometimes the wife acts like a spoiled kid if something doesn't go her way.

theyd be more than happy to let you crash. my dad will be at SZ, so i guess he'll just caravan with you guys back to buffalo. are you staying for go karts on sunday?

I'm pretty sure we're staying for the Sunday activity.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought this thread was about something else....move along....move along, nothing to see here.

But I know the feeling. There is one of our freinds that does the same thing. He normally is fine except sometimes you just want to punch him in the face and tell him to sit down and shut up. When something come up that doesn't go his way he starts to act like a 5 year old so everyone caves in. Thank God I have never been on a trip with him when he has done that, or he would be walking.

Back