• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake

svt tourin

CEG'er
Will a 99-02 cougar short ram intake fit an svt contour? what intake would you suggest? THANKS!

ya, i know Joey's always running out of the K&Ns anyways. im sure he'll take off the price of the filter and just sell the intake to you.. and you should be able to fit any filter to the intake? its a pretty universal size, and even if its too big you can clamp it down or too small you can soak it in hot water and stretch it:shrug:

ya, i know Joey's always running out of the K&Ns anyways. im sure he'll take off the price of the filter and just sell the intake to you..

I'll shoot him an email and see.

I have the NPG CAI waiting to install and think its the best design for our cars.
What's wrong with the K&N?

A link to the NPG? As for the K&N and other oiled filters I just dont like what they can potentially do to the MAF and that they dont filter as well as the filter you replace.

Nautilus is NPG.
As for the K&N, thats another debate, but if you don't over oil I've not had MAF problems, especially with an intake that keeps the filter as far from the meter as this design.
Never had problems with K&N or S&B filters on all my cars.
-J

Gotcha. The issues with K&N filters show up even fresh from the box without any oil added as well. My dad knocked out two MAF sensors on his ford truck before I asked him leave the K&N out and the problem went away, though K&N denied his claim for reimbursement on the grounds that he must have added oil to the filter. I'd rather have a filter like the AEM Dry Flow or AFM ProDry which filter better and are oil free.

Gotcha. The issues with K&N filters show up even fresh from the box without any oil added as well. My dad knocked out two MAF sensors on his ford truck before I asked him leave the K&N out and the problem went away, though K&N denied his claim for reimbursement on the grounds that he must have added oil to the filter. I'd rather have a filter like the AEM Dry Flow or AFM ProDry which filter better and are oil free.
Maybe the other filters would be a better choice, but on this set-up with the distance from filter to meter, I wouldn't worry about it.
-J

You may not worry so much about the oil in that case but its still letting in a fine dust that the stock paper filter doesnt. I found this out when I took a clean paper towel and wiped out the intake on my mazda and it came out dabbed in red oil and black dirt grit.

Back