• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dynoed the 3.0

that is my setup and I want to get some numbers soon if I can.

also there was cougar owner that has the same setup that was going to dyno back to back, untuned and tuned. Not sure if that was done yet.

3L heads
SVT cams, LIM,UIM,TB
short ram
msds headers
stock y-pipe
trubendz magnaflow resonated
Warmonger tuned

Mine dynoed at 201 HP 187 TQ

Huh - Sean seems to think that he has the SVT cams in there... Blackoog needs to call him then...

He is incorrect. We told him when we built it that the car had 3L cams. He wanted 3L cams for more low end. I even stated it in his cam post a while back that he had 3L cams. It shouldn't be a surprise.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=24379&page=3

Who ever is putting down 210-220whp with a full 3L and gutted cats must have a really generous dyno or more mods than just gutted cats.

All of the full 3L's I built and had dynoed put down about 175-185whp at most. All of the ported 3L's I've built have put down 185-200whp. My Cougar in NA form put down 220whp and it's a ported 3L (all the svt bits) with CAI, headers and exhaust. Check out the dyno post at the top of the 3L section on NECO to get a better idea of how each setup performs. It's always the ported build that out performs the full 3L. My data is more valid than those posted by others because they have all been at the same dyno.

Last edited:
IDK after looking at the dyno, I expected a lot higher like 190s and up! Doing dynos in different places(company) make that much of a difference?

Yeah, if you want to sacrifice ~10hp throughout the entire power band for a ~3hp advantage at the top 300rpm, feel free to use the SVT UIM.

Are you trying to get me to break my foot off in your ass? Whats the point to flamebait like this? Lets take a second and hammer this through your thick head... Ported 3l'ers are not always done for power! Some people do them for ease of installation, or aesthetic purposes.

yes it was refered to as a hybrid a few months ago. recently it has been identified as a ported 3L ...

Every once in a while a noob will refer to it as a hybrid, before they are put down and re-educated!

Are you trying to get me to break my foot off in your ass? Whats the point to flamebait like this? Lets take a second and hammer this through your thick head... Ported 3l'ers are not always done for power! Some people do them for ease of installation, or aesthetic purposes.

I know it sounds like flame bait, but it's completely and utterly true.

If you want to use the SVT UIM you either have to shell out $325 for the adaptor LIM or spend 6-8 hours grinding. The full 3.0 isn't any more expensive or time consuming...a few vacuum lines, the EGR tube, TB bracket.

Aesthetic purposes? Cool. Just don't complain when the numbers are lower than expected.

Back