• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Those with 19's

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Curious do you have to run GC's with them. Most if not all the cars I searched for with 19s are running GC's. I am running B&G's/konis and am interested in Antonios old wheels (cant get a hold of him or GTOPETE).
Thanks.

No, you dont have to run GC. Im running my 19s and 235mm tires on stock suspension. With my 235s, they do rub in the rear slightly. The curvature of the sidewall actually catches the fender when hitting bumps. I would think running an aftermarket suspension would rub as well, but would just rub less often over bumps since their stiffer.

yea what he said. i have 225 and they rarley rub in back unless i got alot of weight back there. i have stock suspension with only springs. thats just a myth you dont really need much to run 19s on a contour.

depends on what u wanna spend. 19s arent cheap but you can find cheap depending on what you want. try tirerack.com . beyondloaded runs 235 and i ran 225 so i would have less rubbing. we both have a little but its more tire than 215.

Which ones did you end up buying?

I've been interested in 19's for some time now :laugh:

Im running BAT struts with Eibach springs and a 215 tire. no rubbing at all. I havent really had people in the back seat but i doubt that itll rub. As for tires go with toyo proxes4 215/35/19. go to edgeracing.com. I bought 2 at 218 I believe. didnt pay shipping since their warehouse is here in miami so I picked them up. cheapest place for tires HANDS DOWN! Ive attached a pic to tease you! I got a sweet deal on my rims 6 for 1500 shipped 4 with brand new tires and 2 spares! cant beat that!

Attachments

• SVT.jpg
    SVT.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
did u get those for $218 each or for two? cuz that mite be a hell of a deal.

Im running BAT struts with Eibach springs and a 215 tire. no rubbing at all. I havent really had people in the back seat but i doubt that itll rub. As for tires go with toyo proxes4 215/35/19. go to edgeracing.com. I bought 2 at 218 I believe. didnt pay shipping since their warehouse is here in miami so I picked them up. cheapest place for tires HANDS DOWN! Ive attached a pic to tease you! I got a sweet deal on my rims 6 for 1500 shipped 4 with brand new tires and 2 spares! cant beat that!

What wheels are those? Axes neros?

Sounds like the best deal ever. I've been lookin for nice Ne-O's for forever :laugh:

218 for 2 tires! Yeah 19" axis ne-os. Initially I put a deposit for Antonios ne-o way back when when he still had his car along with his BAER brake kit. but then he backed out and I was looking for them ever since. All magazine adds wanted 1999.99 for 4 new rims with no tires and then I had to get the drilled to 4x108 which is 75 a tire. Then they got discontinued and I thought I was out of luck when I saw the set of 6 in the classifieds. I was lucky enough to get these from spike. he had the 3L pearl colored SVT. I believe he posted more on fordcontour.org

damn thats a hell of a deal, cheapest i found was 110 per tire and the brand is not that great. good find....

Back