• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new 'side pipe' on the Merc...

I recall somebody did side pipes sticking through an SVT bumper or an aftermarket bodykit bumper. It looked better like that.

I don't mean to offend but yours looks just bad.

I recall somebody did side pipes sticking through an SVT bumper or an aftermarket bodykit bumper. It looked better like that.

i would think doing side pipes with an SVT body kit would leave the rear exhaust holes empty and looking horrible.

That was SpeedDemon I believe, with the red/silver/black SE with the body kit. That was very well done.

I agree, that Mystique looks pretty bad with the Dodge Ram looking tail pipe.

Mark

Yeah, no offense but i wouldn't waste anymore money trying to re-route your exhaust or anything else, to be honest, IMO you could put that money towards much better mods :shrug: B+ for originality tho!

first off in some states,like here in OK it is illeagal to run exhaust out before the rear tires...so i would suggest checking local laws if u care about tickets.

and to the OP...if you like how it looks then piss on everyone else, what you like is all that matters, they don't have to drive it so who cares:shrug: ...nobody seems to like my t-red hightowers but i still smile every time i see them, i think they look great on my car!

thanks to everyone for bein honest, but who's devon? u guys got a pic of his car? lol i'm just playing around right now, i personally dont care if anyone likes it, i'm just looking for opinions.

maybe do something more like this..

mondeotwinsideoutlet.jpg

yup. its a mondeo st24 and a custom exhaust place in the next town to me done it. not my mondy btw.

here is what it looks like if u havent seen the pics in my other thread. i wanna get an SVT exhaust so i can do it to both sides...

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

has anyone ever done anything like this before? what do ya'll think?

extremely cheap. Is your problem. If you want thinks done right your gonna have to pay the extra money or it ends up looking like that.

i'd say i like mine better than that mondy... i'm actually thinking of doing it infront of the rear wheels. I want it to come out at an angle with slant cut chrome tips kinda like an AAR cuda or Challenger T/A.

i'd say i like mine better than that mondy... i'm actually thinking of doing it infront of the rear wheels. I want it to come out at an angle with slant cut chrome tips kinda like an AAR cuda or Challenger T/A.

just remember, its a contour... not a classic american muscle car. if i were you, i'd just pick up a used SVT exhaust for cheap.throw some tips on, and call it a day. you'll be much more pleased. as will we :)

just remember, its a contour... not a classic american muscle car. if i were you, i'd just pick up a used SVT exhaust for cheap.throw some tips on, and call it a day. you'll be much more pleased. as will we :)

Roger that! This kid needs to save his nickels and dimes since he always makes it a point on how broke he is, and save up for something worth while. Spending your last $5 on Autozone mods is how you get a lot of attention..... in a bad way.

Mark

Back