• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new 'side pipe' on the Merc...

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
here is what it looks like if u havent seen the pics in my other thread. i wanna get an SVT exhaust so i can do it to both sides...

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

has anyone ever done anything like this before? what do ya'll think?

ahh sorry that looks bad, maybe if it was sticking out the sides of the rear doors it might look ok.

I think it will look better with two, however if it were me I'd also try and have it exit in the front of the rear tires, however it's your car so if you like it then thats all that matters! Update us when you the the svt exhaust!!:cool:

lol well its different, but it just doesn't look right imo. I think it would look alot better exiting out the rear of the doors. give it a try and lets see what it looks like!

Looks really goofy imho. Reminds me of a diesel truck with just a dump pipe.

My friend Matt did side pipes on his 95 SE back in the day. He removed the rear jack covers and ran them out there. Still not my thing, but it looked okay.

deffinetly different i think i agree it looks a little weird on a car but if you went to a junk yard and got some SE sideskirts and dumped out the rear jack cover it would look pretty neat.

Props for trying something new. Just isn't my cup of tea. I agree that pre-rear tires would look good though.

it sounds great, just looks stupid. and also wth would there need to be jack covers on the se's? they don't sit that low to the ground.

it sounds great, just looks stupid. and also wth would there need to be jack covers on the se's? they don't sit that low to the ground.

Ride height isn't the issue, it's the closeness of the jack points on the frame of the car to the side skirt itself. Try jacking the car up from the same point, but have the jack itself sitting 45 degrees in comparison to the car. They will conflict, I promise. :) So without the jack point spaces covered by jack point covers, we'd all have broken side skirts. :laugh:

ok Im sorry if I am jacking your thread 95mystique, but how the hell do the covers come off anyways I keep looking at a way to get them off but can't figure it out for the life of me!?

Back