• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98+ Trunk Swap

Project SVT

Veteran CEG'er
Ok well this isn't your normal trunk swap i suppose.
I like 98+ style and want to keep that, but i'm thinking I wanna loose the stock spoiler.

Now I'm trying to find someone who is willing to trade a 98+ trunk without spoiler for my 98+ trunk with a spoiler??

anybody?

I suggest you talk with Shotwell. He has what you want, and he wants a pre 98 trunk. I'm looking for that in black for him and in the mean time, he might just make the swap with you..... What the heck doesn't hurt to ask. You can get a third light at any JY, cuz I think he need to keep his for the trunk he wants.
AF

And Shotwell migrates between Oak Harbor, Spokane and Portland with some regularity, which is good for meeting him along his travels.

hey i got a green contour trunk, 98 perfect condition and would be wiling to sell it to you since i dont need a trunk or a trade... unless you got some SVT side skirts you would be willing to trade?:drool: :drool: but probably not... but a price we can work out... so pm me or on here.

well i don't wanna have to pay for paint, at that point i'd just get the cf trunk...

i'm just trying to find someone who wants a spoiler for their 98+ black contour...in which i'd trade straight across with them

hmmm well i bought a v6 99.5 contour LS... and parted some of it out... i should have jacked everything but i didnt... i got the quarter panels and the front and rear bumper... but the trunk if you can find one i got it... all you have to do it hand sand it down and prime it... should only take about 2 hours or less!

well i know what you have to do for body work i have molded body kits it's easy work, but the idea is not having to get it painted that's why i asked for black 98+ trunks.

Shoot some pix of the spoiler, I have a stock black non spoiler deck lid i might trade...
CIMG0145.jpg

i'll go snap some pics right now, it's dirty be aware...car hasn't been washed for like a month and has been sitting since i was involved in the hit and run....
man i just took a pic and my looks horrible right now...lol

compared to the center reflector that i just painted it's really bad.
I'll post that pic and pics i have from when i first got the car for ya.

current.... :( i want my headlights from bagged so i can go wash her
dsc02193mediumrr0.jpg

original so you know get idea what it actually looks like....
svt2tu5.jpg

Last edited:
I was at the Auburn wrecking yards last week and they have a black 2000 SE. I don't know if it has a spoiler or not (SE= might have one?). I didn't get a good look at it though, as that is not what I was looking for.

dang wish it was closer. but unless it had near perfect paint and no spoiler and wasn't more then 75 bucks it's not worth me driving up there. But thanks!

Back