• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new problem, great

millertime86

CEG'er
I dont even know if you guys can help me with this, i dont know if its stock or if its something the previous owner put in, but do you guys have a small light a few inches to the left of the digital clock on your SVTs? I dont know what it means, and mine keeps flashing, even then the motor and everything is off. i get out of the car, lock it and everything, and it still flashes. Its flashing right now and has been flashing for the past 3 hours now...

anyone know what it means or is it something the previous owner put in?

its your pats light it supposed to be flashing while the car is parked

It means that your car's onboard passive anti theft system (or PATS) is working properly.

when the ignition is off, it should flash once a second or so.
when you turn the ignition to ON it should stay on for about a second, then go off completely.

This is STOCK on V6 models that were equipped with PATS.

its your pats light it supposed to be flashing while the car is parked

hahahha are you serious? i have never noticed this light in my life, i prolly look like a tool. i know its never flashed before, it must have just started working. so it flashes 24/7? whats the point of it?

edit: nevermind you explained it thanks, so my theft thing wasnt working before, what would make it work all of the sudden?

Last edited:
Back