• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

4 codes all O2 related?

Clay_SVT

CEG'er
Well I replaced my lower intake with a 2000 LIM that had less then 10K miles on it and had my UIM Jet hot coated so everything is super clean, now I'm throwing a P0156, P0136, P0161 and P0141? No problems before I did the swap any suggestions?

Last edited:
Do I need to replace both downstream o2's or is there a possible problem somewhere else thats causing these codes?

i don't see a direct correlation between what you did and those codes. unless the coating was done badly and particles coated the sensors. even then... reset them and see if they come on again.

...now I'm throwing a P0156, P0136, P0161 and P0141? No problems before I did the swap any suggestions?
Coincidental.

Your O2 sensor fuse blew. Change that and you will be fine.

Fuse 13, 20 AMPs - Yellow, for Oxygen sensors in Power Distribution Box next to the battery.

Last edited:
I pulled the 13 fuse and it wasn't blown? I'll put a new fuse in and reset the PCM
If you put in a new Fuse 13 and it still shows the codes, check the fuse holder and wiring under the Power Distribution box. Chances are one of the two has an issue.

Everything looked pretty good underneath, I was looking at a diagram i found on autozone.com and it shows all the o2's having a wire that runs to the intake temp sensor and I've noticed my wires to the connector for the intake temp sensor are stripped, all I did was put electrical tape over them, do you think getting a new connector could solve my problem?

I doubt the new IAT connector will do the trick. As you say the wires there were stripped, it could be a break in the Brown/Red wire. I would look at that first.

Back