• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I can't believe it!

How much is a little hammering. Just give it a few taps to seal it in there to expand the knurled part?

I will put a little anti-seize on the plug when installing.

Thanks,
Adam

lol on the grunting....Ok....I will give it a few taps and see what happens..

Thanks for all your help Dyoel182!

Adam

The grunt meter is a great all around tool to let you know you may wanna check the torque spec and reconsider.

The tool called for hi temp RTV....I was thinking threadlocker too, but I just went with what the directions called for....I installed the sleeve today, pounded on the knarles, however I could not see the sleeve down in the block....I used a straw to put some oil in that cylinder, and installed the spark plug, let the car sit for about 9 hours...I started it up, and it instantly started smoking out the exhaust....I let it run for about 5 minutes at idle, and the smoke started to dissapate....if I dropped a small amount of RTV down into the cylinder, would that cause it to smoke too?? I don't think I dropped any down there, but just in case when I was cleaning the threads on the insert....So long story short, I am not driving the car, but letting the RTV cure until tomorrow morning....When it started, the exhaust smelled very rich, and I know I have a vacuum leak near the EGR valve.

Also the idle was a little rough too.

Any suggestions?

oil on spark plug threads

oil on spark plug threads

So when I installed my spark plug into the heli-coil, I used some oil on the threads to make installation easier.....is this ok? I mean, will it make the plug work out, or am I just worrying about nothing......I am soooo happy. I got the car running today with the heli-coil installed, and its running fine....when I first started it, it was smoking, but I used a straw and added some oil to that cylinder after installing the heli-coil...it seems to be running rich, I mean when I smell the exhaust, it smells of unburnt gasoline....Should I reset the computer??

Thanks,
Adam

Back