• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tour just hit 120k miles on it...Does your car have one thing thats not working??????

Frank T

CEG'er
Today on the way home, the Contour turn 120k miles on it...I was wondering, for a ten year old car, I have only one thing that doesn't work, the power trunk release via the key fob.....Not a big deal, just use the key hole or inside trunk release.....

mine has 153K, only issues are slight vibration in font end and minor oil and tranny leaks, other than that it runs awsome for it's age...also gets great milage..around 28mpg!:laugh:

oh, and the turbo charger doesn't work to well since i can't afford to buy one:cry:

91600 here .. low on coolant, needs an oil change, rear sway bar is bumping around, and a few other things that should be taken care of before the drive to Michigan .. but it runs pretty well. The only really broken thing I can think of right now are the fog lights (probably just bulbs).

hmmm ...

the 95 has 200600 and sure it needs alittle work but there is nothing major.

the SeVT has 97k and there are a few things to work out there but nothing major.

my SVT is good to go at 45k

my svt has 130k still runs great had to put brakes on the back and front and tires and spark plugs and water pump sun roof gear 25.7 city/highway mpg

all original other than those things

Mine's running great at 90,000. It has a power steering pump leak, so it will run itself dry every year or so (which I found out this winter) if you don't top it off every few months. The only thing that I have ever had to do to the car is replace the fuel pump.

Mine just rolled 120K yesterday as well. Gave it a fresh oil change this morning. :)

Just recently, the blower resistor went out on it so i need to get that replaced under recall from the dealership.

my trunk release works sometimes. seems to work better when its not important. it started acting up when i drove an hour away to go hunting and i couldnt get my stuff out of the trunk. other than that no MAJOR problems. except the usual wear and tear stuff.

my daily driver is at 199,587 and still original but the AC compressor popped the bed about 50,000 mile ago. other then that its great. who needs ac anyway when you can listen to the exhuast notes:laugh:

2000 SVT 74k, Sun Roof doesn't work, and the coolant temp gauge doesn't work, some times the needle goes flying over to the red zone when the engine gets a little hott.

damn it

116 000 and few parts dont work

same problem as you the remote trunk by remote.
sunroof
no stereo (stollen and my 12' mtx too)
horn, airbag (after a trainy change) dont know why.
and a/c after same trainy change (bad mechanics)

else is working flawless

Recently turned 100k. Hey! My remote trunk release on the key fob doesn't work either! Must be an epidemic! The clutch (original) is a little chattery sometimes in first gear. And the CEL comes and goes. I keep 40 psi in the front tires; otherwise, they wear out their inner edges.

Of course, the car long ago experienced all the usual Contour component failures....

I've got 250,700 miles on my Mystique, and everything works. Only clue to its age and miles is the exterior appearance. The car wash has done a good job of dechroming portions of the grille and also removing the "LS" printing on the side badges. The center medallion on one of the alloy wheels has gotten lost. Due to my long highway commutes to work, the winter sand and salt has produced more than a few paint chips on the leading edge of the hood, as well as sandblasted the windshield. Paint is so-so, but appearance maintenance isn't a priority with me, as its only been waxed once in its nine years, and washed only when it gets downright embarrassing. Interior has held up well, but I'm the only one who sits in it, so the driver's seat is the only one that shows any degree of wear. If I invested in a good interior and exterior detail job, it would be hard to convince bystanders that it has a quarter million miles on it.

Mine just rolled 120K yesterday as well. Gave it a fresh oil change this morning. :)

Just recently, the blower resistor went out on it so i need to get that replaced under recall from the dealership.
You can still get the brm replaced under recall?

My car is currently sitting again, right now it needs a new alternator & power steering cooler lines, one of the lines cracked and shot fluid all over my alternator :mad: . Other than that only thing is a stripped sunroof gear(only tilts up). O and ebrake cables as well :crazy:

Back