• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need help, svt UMI,LIM swap into mystique

24vtom

CEG'er
hey, im swapping an svt UIM,LIM and TB into my mystique..
i have a question, is there anything else i need besides these parts to swap, like the svt fuel rail, and the svt secondary control or anything,
is the feul pressure higher for the svt injecters??

svt injectors are 19lbs, stock is 17lbs. You will need the throttle cable and bracket from the svt. I don't think there is a differents in fuel rails. Good luck with the swapp.

fuel rail is not different and unless you have a tune don't change the injectors. I would repalce all of the seals. as stated you need s SVT tb bracket and a atx throttle cable, which is the same as the SVT. you also need a SVT throttle possition sensor.

what is an atx throttle cable? is that from a diff car that happens to be the same as the svt?

and where can i get the cable and brack i need?

and so i shuldnt put 19lbs injectors unless i do a tune? is that right

If your mystique has a manual transaxle, you need a throttle cable from a Mystique, Cougar or Contour with an Automatic transaxle.

If your Mystique has an automatic transaxle, you can use your old throttle cable, but you'll need a cruise control cable from a Mystique, Cougar or Contour with a MANUAL tranaxle.

Regardless, you will need a new throttle cable bracket; and I think they are obsolete. You might have to go Dremel on your stock throttle cable bracket.

Get new gaskets (upper and lower manifold gaskets, EGR gasket, and throttle body gasket).

Use your old injectors and fuel rail.

Back