• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

differance in svt-non-svt MAF???

24vtom

CEG'er
like the titl says, is there a differance in svt and non-svt MAF, and if so, can i put a svt maf on my non svt, and if so what wireing needs to be done if any???? thanks

o wait,, well does anyone know about a stock MAF that is bigger that can be used on the contour..

basically , im looking to get more air into my motor

o wait,, well does anyone know about a stock MAF that is bigger that can be used on the contour..

stock maf is good to 300 hp, you will be fine with it .... otherwise you need a tune ....

The MAF is not the bottleneck like Brapple said above. People upgrade MAFs as a means of tuning the car, which imho is a hit or miss when it comes to gains. If you want to have a better flowing intake system look into upgrading to the SVT intake manifolds, heads, throttle body, etc. Like Brapple said before, get a tune instead of an aftermarket MAF.

Which would see more hp or airflow:

Stock MAF with no tune or ProFlow MAF with no tune.

I ask this because my car had a proflow when it came into my possession, but I'm not so sure its still working properly. Would I be better off just putting a stock MAF back on?

Which would see more hp or airflow:

Stock MAF with no tune or ProFlow MAF with no tune.

I ask this because my car had a proflow when it came into my possession, but I'm not so sure its still working properly. Would I be better off just putting a stock MAF back on?

stock maf is good to 300 hp and many have only had troulbe with the proflow ....

Search for this topic, it has been covered over and over again.

I wrote up a detailed MM measurements.

If you own a svt, pro-m is if you can find a good one a good choice IMHO. If you own a regular contour, then don't upgrade a maf. Actually you should half shaft your throttlebody.
A stock maf to me is a restriction on the svts. Because the measurements show that it is smaller in MM then the rest of the intake system. To have a great intake system all the components must be of equal size.

Search for this topic, it has been covered over and over again.

I wrote up a detailed MM measurements.

If you own a svt, pro-m is if you can find a good one a good choice IMHO. If you own a regular contour, then don't upgrade a maf. Actually you should half shaft your throttlebody.
A stock maf to me is a restriction on the svts. Because the measurements show that it is smaller in MM then the rest of the intake system. To have a great intake system all the components must be of equal size.

How do you figure that? If the throttle body is 60mm and the stock MAF is 70mm I doubt the MAF is the restriction. I understand that the MAF has the center post but so does the throttle body.

How do you figure that? If the throttle body is 60mm and the stock MAF is 70mm I doubt the MAF is the restriction. I understand that the MAF has the center post but so does the throttle body.

Not to be rude, but i wrote it out. I don't feel like looking it up, since i explained a few times already:shrug:

I sat and put down all the measurements, and scaled out the opening area. The Maf was smaller, not by much, but it was.

Edited-------------------------

The 70mm maf has acutally 53.7mm of space.

Now the 60mm tb for the svt i would assume is around 54-56mm. I haven't had time to map it out and take measurements. But i will after this semester is over.

A real 70mm maf and a half shafted tb would be a great combo. IMHO.

Last edited:
half shafted,w/the back shaft shaved,screws countersunk,casting "hump" removed and the rest of the tb coned or slightly bored. combined w/a better maf would be a nice combo:cool: shameless plug:laugh:

Back