• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

please help. looksing at new csvt

24vtom

CEG'er
hey , im looking at this 98 csvt and i have a couple of questions that you guy s could help out with your opinions., it has 97k on body and 65k on motor that was swapped in recently.
it runs slightly rough, like a slight missfire. not that noticable though
and engine coolant runs a little high. and stays at the L on NORMAL, and the fan doesnt kick on till near the end of that L on the gauge. what could that be and why.
it also needs a motor mount
and the windows dont work.

hes asking $3200... should i sell my mint cond V6 5 speed Mystique with only 60k, and get the svt??

all opinions are appreciated

mistake

mistake

sorry the windows work, i meant to say that the door power locks wont work..:laugh:

You really need to get the car on a lift and take a look underneath. There are a lot of things to look for that can be a expensive to repair.

If your Mystique is mint keep it. Put your time and effort into that, make it into and SVTique

Sounds to me like there are some hidden problems that should be addressed before you drop 3K on it. Why did it have a motor swap recently? Why is it running hot? (L seems too high)

You should be able to find an SVT in good shape for that price. I'd either talk him down or keep looking ;) At least you have a good idea on the condition of your mysti

he had the motor swapped cuz it was his friends car, and he blew a hole in the side of the block i guess...

idk if its worth putting all the money into my mystake to make it svt worthy or not... i meen i just bought svt UMI,LIM, and throttleboy, but was going to sell them and car to get svt, but now idk...

what kind of things are there to look at underneath?

a 2000 CSVT with around 100K should go for 3800-4500 so if you could afford that id get one without all the problems.

iv just decided to keep my blk 98 mystique ls 5 speed, and svt it. its in way to good of condition to sell it for what i would get and buy a beet up svt. as much as i want an svt, i just think its a bad move on my part..

iv allready got svt UMI,LIM,TB from that guy, and i optomized the tb, soo its just gunna go into the MYSTAKE.lol

hey would i get more power using an svt feul rail with that svt LIM?
and do i need the secondary control from the svt to run in myn?
and what pound injectors should i get?

iv just decided to keep my blk 98 mystique ls 5 speed, and svt it. its in way to good of condition to sell it for what i would get and buy a beet up svt. as much as i want an svt, i just think its a bad move on my part..

iv allready got svt UMI,LIM,TB from that guy, and i optomized the tb, soo its just gunna go into the MYSTAKE.lol

hey would i get more power using an svt feul rail with that svt LIM?
and do i need the secondary control from the svt to run in myn?
and what pound injectors should i get?

I'm pretty sure you have 17lb injectors. The fuel rail is the same, but the SVT has 19lb.

If your looking to upgrade and will not be doing FI, go with 24lb injectors.

You will need the secondary control from an SVT.

Personally sell the SVT items and go with a 3L and full exhaust for Power.
Post where your from, there are lots of Great members that can help you do a swap for a reasonable price

Don't over look the suspension and some nice rims/tires :cool:

Later down the road get some SVT ground effects.

Back