• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Broken Light Tab

Necronommicon

CEG'er
Whats the best way to fix a broken mounting tab?? This is driving me nuts, I just Hightowered them and want to put them back in except I broke one tab. Next time I'm just paying bagged.

I epoxied the crap out of mine. What I didn't do was find some plastic that I could epoxy to both sides of the tab. That might work.:shrug: I put some larger washers on it so the pressure is more spread out and they haven't broken further (crosses fingers)

I'll have to pick up some epoxy. I'm not sure if the washer trick will work, the tab broke right at the base.

OOOh yeah, thats poopy, luckily one broke and the other cracked right in the middle where you put the screw. Good luck on yours.

With my old Zetec tour I had broke tabs, I just got a big fat washer to go between the broken tab and the mounting point on the headlight pannel, I think it looks 100X better then having a tab with :censored::censored::censored::censored: loads of glue all over it, and it works just as well.

2 out 3 screws will hold it. but a good solid plastic epoxy would work to glue the tab back on. 2 part epoxy

Back