• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

audio trouble

RespectTheContour

Hard-core CEG'er
this on has me confused, i had a kenwood deck for years...the cd player finally stopped working but the radio worked so i bought a pioneer, i have power to the new deck but no tunes coming out of the speakers...i double checked all the wires and even the fuses...is there something im missing? speakers worked fine before i took out the old deck, anyone run into this problem or have a solution? thanks in advance!

this on has me confused, i had a kenwood deck for years...the cd player finally stopped working but the radio worked so i bought a pioneer, i have power to the new deck but no tunes coming out of the speakers...i double checked all the wires and even the fuses...is there something im missing? speakers worked fine before i took out the old deck, anyone run into this problem or have a solution? thanks in advance!

Check your wires again, the must be hooked up wrong.....

you can briefly brush the speaker wires across a good AA battery and that should create a click or other noise in the speaker. this will tell you if the wiring to the speaker is good

more specifically, hold one bare speaker wire to the bottom negative of the AA battery and and just brush the other wire across the top positive terminal; you should hear a noise in the speaker if it and its wiring are ok

mike

Does your car have the factory amplifier? You might need to see if that is where the problem is.

Back