• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What exhaust setup would sound like infiniti g35 coupe / fx35/45

m4gician

Hard-core CEG'er
You ever hear one of those things pass you by? On their stock setup, you can hear a nice hum, no rasp and a little drone (it's a little deep and throaty but not overpowered), I know running an open air intake is probably a good start, what kind of combo would I need to get that kind of performance/ sound?

you can try just cutting out your resonator... and leave it at that.. at the fall meet when i was following elky i heard my deep tone vs his setup. thats as close as you will get.

You ever hear one of those things pass you by? On their stock setup, you can hear a nice hum, no rasp and a little drone (it's a little deep and throaty but not overpowered), I know running an open air intake is probably a good start, what kind of combo would I need to get that kind of performance/ sound?

The way a car's exhaust sound really depends on how the engine is designed, its not just a combination of resonators and mufflers. Really all a resonator or a muffler does is eliminates drone or rasp. The outlet and pipe diameter determines how deep the sound is... You really dont have much more control over it.

Hell im sure if people here could get a contour SVT sounding like a Supra, everybody's CSVT would have the same exhaust. After all, Supra exhaust cures cancer :drool:

me and my friends think the stock svt exaust isnt far off from that sound. only the svt sounds better. i HATE the G35's

me and my friends think the stock svt exaust isnt far off from that sound. only the svt sounds better. i HATE the G35's

I like the way a stock SVT exhaust sounds, especially straight piped (minus when the engine is cold).

dont be hatin if you dont have one :shrug:

My brother has the sedan and my bestfriend has the coupe..AMAZING sound that is by far the best stock exhaust for a stock car..minus high end exotics obv..but the sound of the exhaust has a lot to do with the motor..take subi's for example, that rumble comes with almost every aftermarket exhaust for those boxer engines..The nissan VQ engine enables you to have that sound..Even in our 2.5, you put a crappy exhaust..RASP..elky took his muffler out from the stock exhaust..RAASSPP..lol thats just how our motors are..

i dont know why you would want your car to sound like a g35. I love everything about those cars with the exception of the exhaust sound. I personally think they sound terrible. way too raspy, and not nearly enough growl

if i ever had money to buy one, the exhaust would be the first thing to go

Stock SVT exhaust, with resonator, remove factory Y-Pipe and replace it and put in a high-flow cat.

Will be a little louder but no rasp.

I've ran my SVT with:
All stock SVT exhaust
SHO-Shop Y & Hi flow cat + Bosal
SHO-Shop Y & Hi flow cat + Bassani
SHO-Shop Y & Hi flow cat + Stock SVT exhaust * My current set-up and the one I am happiest with.

Last edited:
Back