• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mystique Windshield....Interchangable?

Well, went to start the Mystique last night after not driving it for several weeks cause it got plowed in the driveway and there had been too much snow to bother with....another story.

Anyway, huge crack in the windshield. There had been a small rock chip low on the windshield and my guess is the weight of the snow enlarged the crack.

The car is fully paid for so we only have liability so Insurance does not cover replacement.

Off the the JY I guess but I need to know if Contours (4 and 6 cylinders) and Mystique windshields are interchangable. Anyone know for sure? btw...1995 mystique v6

It is next to impossible to remove one without breaking it.

Sorry, not true I used to work for a yard and we removed them all the time. Also Elky and I removed a rear window with guitar strings with out breaking it. The front window is not much different, stronger if anything.

It is a two man job though!

My brother and I have removed windsheild before...never in this car. He has the tool needed to cut the sealer/adhesive.

I do know that they can be broken fairly easily in the process too.

PGT...I am in Maine.

actually tried this over the weekend at the wreckers for a friends vehicle (Cav) and it was no fun at all. I assume proper tools would go a long way though.

Back