• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cool pic of my car plus some random ones of my club and Corvette...

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Here is wat i thought was a kinda cool pic of my car at my church last sunday evening...
carclub053.jpg

and here are some random pics of my step dad's corvette and some pics of my buddies rides that i did work on...
carclub064.jpg

carclub061.jpg

carclub074.jpg

Brett's Ion... i painted his calipers about a week ago but cant see to well...
carclub081.jpg

Better shot of the calpers w/ the rims...
carclub075.jpg

Now some pics of the car i've done most work to, my buddy Cal's SL-2...
carclub098.jpg

Repainted his calipers from green to red with silver brackets...
carclub096.jpg

You can see the CAI in this pic...
carclub102.jpg

just installed poly top engine mount and front poly dog bone tranny mount and CAI bypass valve...
carclub103.jpg

Also put on a thermal Exhaust system on this car last weekend... sounds half decent for a 1.9
carclub100.jpg

All the work has been goin into my buddie's and parents cars, i think i need to take a break from them and start gettin my car ready for Carlisle all ford nationals now...

Last edited:
nice vette. i really wish someone would spend a bit of money and put a tasteful bodykit on a pre98 mystique, lower it, and add some rims. its gonna be gorgeous i tell ya,... gorgeous.

nice vette. i really wish someone would spend a bit of money and put a tasteful bodykit on a pre98 mystique, lower it, and add some rims. its gonna be gorgeous i tell ya,... gorgeous.

I know, i want to, but simply cant afford to right now with school, think i'll end up with a different car though when i get out unless for some reason mine grows on me.

Damn those Saturns sit HIGH. They needs drops really bad, but otherwise they are very clean cars! I didn't realize there was much of an aftermarket for the Saturn :)

i know, the ION has about 3.5 inches of wheel gap, we're droppin it 1.6 front and back, and the SL-2 when he gets the money is gettin dropped 1.5 front and 1.4 rear.

i know, the ION has about 3.5 inches of wheel gap, we're droppin it 1.6 front and back, and the SL-2 when he gets the money is gettin dropped 1.5 front and 1.4 rear.

Very good. But what was Saturn thinking when they designed a monster truck as a small sedan :crazy: :laugh:

i have no idea, when my buddy first put the 18's on the ION i couldnt believe the gap, i thought something was wrong w/ his car. I'd never have a car w/ that much wheel gap unless it was a Subaru.

correction, its header, it only needs one. I know, we're planning on that too, the plans for the SL2 include...
header
lowering springs
rear disc conversion
different rear spoiler
cams
light weight fly wheel
high flow cat
racing clutch
and if we decide to go all out a full engine rebuild with turbo. He wants to get about 300-350 out of it.

I have a 99 SW2 with a few mods. My wife drives it.

Intake, header, stock exhaust; bored TB, poly mounts, strut tower brace, 94-95 rims (14 pounds per corner). It's fun to drive, really. 2400 pounds and about 130 or so horsepower, with the stuff I've added. Fully independent suspension, 4-wheel discs, rear stabilizer. A guy could do a LOT worse for a beater/DD.

i know its not a good reason, but the price was also right for the condition and mileage. It only had 84K on it and well u can see how clean it is inside and out. they only wanted $10K for it. My step dad can drive stick though, his Ranger SXT is stick and he's also a truck driver.

Back