• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New SZ caravan thead (mostly for MN peoples)

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
OK it felt like the other thread that was started was going all over the place. So I figured might as well start a new one and get everyone on the same page...

My vote is to be traveling over night since I don't want to deal with morning rush hour anywhere...

So with that here are my proposed options..

Option 1: Agree to meet at some centralized location at 9pm Wed. night and everyone head out together. (MOA or maybe more towards Rochester with the plan to take I90 over)

Option 2: Everyone go their separate ways and we meet up in WI at a specified time on Wed night/Thurs monring at the crossroads of I94 and I90. Then we all head on to MI together. This will prevent people from southern MN from having to drive up to the Twin Cities and then back tracking.

What do you guys think.

Last edited:
Ok - this is going to be nuts then - plan on goign to work on Wed - leave early and hopefully clean up the car and drive it 10+ hours and clean it again... Sounds about normal - I'm down, just not sure what my roomies have planned... Might not have a place to sleep when I get there. I'll check with them.

i think i'll take thursday off maybe.... but leave thursday morning like last year. i didnt get into the open track, and i sure don't want someone "coaching" me while i try to drive. i'll do open track at BIR this year. so i might leave at 9ish on thursday mornin.

i think i'll take thursday off maybe.... but leave thursday morning like last year. i didnt get into the open track, and i sure don't want someone "coaching" me while i try to drive. i'll do open track at BIR this year. so i might leave at 9ish on thursday mornin.

if you leave at 9, there is a good chance you'll hit chicago rush hour traffic. just a heads up. Ive done the drive to MI too much :)

i'm fixing to go around chicago this time...... and i can get to chicago in 5 hours driving solo. so i might sneak through before traffic hits TOO hard.

Yeah, definitely go south around Chicago... It may seem like it'd take longer, but you prolly come out ahead. Chicago is terrible...I never wanna sit in traffic that long again in my life.

So when are we all leaving??

Is everyone set on leaving Thurs. morning early?

Tyler are you game for leaving at like say 6:45am like we did last time instead of 9am??

Just an fyi for you guys...

It may not be on the maps yet, but I-355 (tollway) is now completed all the way south to I-80 through the western suburbs of Chicago. It does not stop at I-55 anymore.

Not sure if that is in your route considerations, but is another option you may not have known about.

i'll get thurs and friday off. i havent even paid for sz or done my hotel yet. i may have to stay somewhere else! haha. i'll let you know next week..... i guess the first thing to do is get the car out.... i still don't have it insured!

So whats the status with everyone??

Who is all meeting up on Thursday morning and where are we meeting?? This is coming up WAY to fast. Need some decisions.

Back