• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how much can you make parting an SVT out?

turbo_fox

Veteran CEG'er
Just curious. I can't believe no one has bought my 98 yet, and I am considering parting it out. It is a huge shame because the car is so nice, but I mean how much lower can I go before I could make more in parts?

I know a bunch of people have parted out these cars in the NE area, so I am trying to get a ballpark figure.

Have you listed the car in places other than CEG? Craiglist (worcester/westernmass/hartford), autotrader, cars.com, local paper?

:shrug: yeah,i'm surprised it hasnt sold either. i'd say for 2500 or so it should sell quickly,clean looking car
if you did part it, i see a bunch of parts i want,front bumper,hood,pasg fender,svt tb,cougar knob

:shrug: yeah,i'm surprised it hasnt sold either. i'd say for 2500 or so it should sell quickly,clean looking car
if you did part it, i see a bunch of parts i want,front bumper,hood,pasg fender,svt tb,cougar knob

thats the problem, i hate to part it out, since it does drive and run so well, but i may be left with no choice if i have to keep dropping the price.

I know i will be able to sell that parts, that isn't the problem. the question is how much can I make selling the parts

if the body is in good condition which it is. its not worth parting out. you should of planned a little better and started to sell it around tax time.. come throw it on my front yard im sure someone will buy it. and getting 2500 with parting it out is going to be really hard to get.

I am just shocked that no one on the enthusiasts site wants it. Sure it has a lot of miles, but I have spent the last 18 months that I have owned it getting it to run and drive perfect, plus the only reason the miles are high is from my 150 mile a day commute, which was 95% highway- pike to 84 to 91.

It's not worth it to part out unless there is major body damage. You can't really make all that much these days from stock SVT parts.

Theres so many cars I'd love to grab but until I get my 00 SVT sold, and the parts car gone, and the Mustang moving around, the driveway is just insane right now. I can't get anything done.

Craigslist is a MUST DO if you ask me.

Now isn't a good time to part out either. With Reebs and Bagged and Locogringo as well as others all parting out right now, it's kind of hard tomove stuff.

You better have REALLY a lot of extra time if you're parting it out. You have to list the parts, pull them off the car, package them, get payment for them, and ship them. If you think about the sheer number of parts on a car...

im considering buying it, im waiting to here back from my shipping guy to see what the cost is

are you ganna part it out? i think it is too nice to part out, just doesn't seem like there is a market for it in NE

You better have REALLY a lot of extra time if you're parting it out. You have to list the parts, pull them off the car, package them, get payment for them, and ship them. If you think about the sheer number of parts on a car...

yeah and it looks like I am about to do that with the mustang...

Back