• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Worcester Polytechnic Institute

ancientsanskrit

Hard-core CEG'er
Didn't somebody go here on here?

Got a great offer for an MS in Biotech and want to know more about the university. If I'm crazy and nobody actually went here, just ignore it. :blackeye:

Thanks.

I went there undergrad and just finished graduate studies. i enjoyed it, good school for sure. anything in particular you would like to know?

I had several friends and a cousin who went for BS in Biotechnology at WPI. I graduated there with BS in Management Information Systems myself.

The BS biotech program is very tough - but definitely prepares you well for MS/PhD programs. My biotech friends went to other schools to pursue their higher educations. I'll ask them what they think. I think their main reasoning was that it looks bad to have your BS and MS from the same school, or something vain like that. I think they were satisfied with the program itself.

Congrats on getting in though! :) I need to start thinking of continuing my education ... too scared of the GMATs.

As for the school ... absolutely loved it and I miss it. It has a unique nerdy culture, for better or worse.

since turbo_fox went there for graduate studies he'll be more familiar with the distinguishing features between grad and undergrad.

Last edited:
PS. It's not pronounced "Worchester" or "Wor-ces-ter." It's something like a combination of wooster and wssster. You'll get laughed out of campus if you try otherwise. :)

Back