• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

revived headlights...and green hightowers!?!?

who ever made the suggestion to sand off the silver deserves to get kicked in the junk...twice:mad:

who ever made the suggestion to sand off the silver deserves to get kicked in the junk...twice:mad:
those are ft.worthsvts new lights, thats on the outside, the inside always looks like crap after you sand the silver off the black always looks to dull and its a pain in the ass to get it off in the crevice, ive been marking and taping the outside then i wetsand the entire lens with 2000 grit after ive painted the silver part and ive been pretty pleased with the results:cool:

told ya:laugh::laugh: it sucks bad and now you see what i was talking about with the paint looking like crap under the opaque sanded area now. and impossible to get at crevice

Ok bagged. Mission for you. Take a set of black headlights, red healights, silver headlights and throw them into a t-red. I want to see how they all look so I can decide on what to do.

yeah,and i've only finished sanding one of them..havent even painted it yet. for starters,that foam piece fell apart,than i had to fight w/getting the remaing glue and foam off,than i had to wetsand all the paint off,only to find that even the tiniest remaing paint stuck out. so i had to make a "tool" to get down the crack of the lense to get ALL the silver out:nonono:
for all you guys who are sup. to be sending me your lights...don't even bother asking me to do this.:laugh:

i slice off the rubbber peice with a razor blade and it takes all the glue with it

Ok bagged. Mission for you. Take a set of black headlights, red healights, silver headlights and throw them into a t-red. I want to see how they all look so I can decide on what to do.

black, gunmetal or red thats all that will look good me no like silver, seems like a waste

silver wouldnt look good.imho:shrug: it blends in w/the chrome. i'd say tred,dark grey or black:drool:

Maybe you just need to raise your prices, starting with your next customer, of course. :crazy:
maybe...but i like helping out people who have similar passions as me...and at a fair price...whether its optimized tb's or lower intake manifolds,retrofitting linkage into mgt tb's,hightowered lights,cleaning up headlights,buffing out scratche's or whole car's..or just selling parts.:laugh:

Back