• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

revived headlights...and green hightowers!?!?

Son of a...This was my alternative to the fizzled Morrette GB. Well at least I have an idea of how they may turn out.
-tropictour

paint the silver strip before you put them on. other than that they look damn good

Yeah, can you do that?

i've honestly never tried..i suppose yours could be the first attempt:laugh:
--i take no responsibility if it doesnt turn out right.--

painted silver strip, im sure you wont have a problem doing it chris it appears you are pretty skilled:cool:
IMG_0729.jpg

damn bagged...that strip looks good. makes me want to open up my lights and get rid of the silver

those are ft.worthsvts new lights, thats on the outside, the inside always looks like crap after you sand the silver off the black always looks to dull and its a pain in the ass to get it off in the crevice, ive been marking and taping the outside then i wetsand the entire lens with 2000 grit after ive painted the silver part and ive been pretty pleased with the results:cool:

the only thing i'm concerned w/is the color..it appears to be a brighter green that the FU paint code...his car was dirty so its hard to tell though

well your able to tone the strip color down also by wetsanding so you might be able to get it pretty close with minimal effort
dig the green lights by the way, nice job:cool:

i just use rtv silicone i prefer the black but ive had to use clear for the last couple sets but ive had minimal problems with it and the tube is shaped perfectly for easy application to the housing

you have been threadjacked sucker:laugh: no im just kidding i took this pic today and thought it was cool so deal with it:eek:
IMG_0752.jpg

yours would look that good just need to remove the decals:laugh:....................sorry man im just dying to picture whore today, but yeah the gunmetal on silfro is the hotness

IMG_0746.jpg

Last edited:
Your car is silver anyway, so it doesn't really matter too much.

it does though, the all black lights are meaner looking, i like them alot. im about to do a set like this for my silver car

IMG_0730.jpg

Cat food dish right next to the oven that you cook on, yummy!! :laugh:

All these Hightower lights are looking killer! Time for you two to start retrofitting some projectors into these units!

Mark

hahahha no dinner cooking going on here im a carry out baby:laugh: my oven sees way more headlights then food

hahahha no dinner cooking going on here im a carry out baby:laugh: my oven sees way more headlights then food

lmao! With all the pics of CSVT projects going on "in and around" your oven, I kind of assumed that. :laugh: Keep up the good work!

Mark

Back