• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

looking for 3L build up pics

DemonSVT,
let me get this straight, the SVT PCM cannot properly control the 3.0 24# injectors without a tune?

Is that just from the taurus or from any 01+ 3.0?

How hot do the heads get? JB weld quick can only handle up to 300F, where the normal JBWeld can handle 600F. The quick also has less tensile strength.

The incoming air cools things down. How much? Unsure.

I'm not sure if tensile strengths matters so much.

DemonSVT,
let me get this straight, the SVT PCM cannot properly control the 3.0 24# injectors without a tune?

Is that just from the taurus or from any 01+ 3.0?

It depends if you actually have 24lb injectors in your 3L. So far I've seen 2 different injector sizes (white and gray) in the newer Sable/Escape engines. I had them each flow tested and the white cream colored ones were flowing at about 17.5lbs and the gray injectors were flowing at about 21.4lbs. I thought the readings may have been off so I tested a set of orange 19lb SVT injectors and they came out exactly at 19lbs. I was expecting to see 19lb and 24lb injectors. I can get the injectors numbers off them if people don't want to trust the color.

The PCM can only adjust so much and I think it was determined that 24lb injectors were out of the range of adjustment so you would need a tune.

Chris

The injector numbers would be cool. I have a set of orange SVT injectors and some grey 3L injectors out of a 2003 Sable.

It depends if you actually have 24lb injectors in your 3L. So far I've seen 2 different injector sizes (white and gray) in the newer Sable/Escape engines. I had them each flow tested and the white cream colored ones were flowing at about 17.5lbs and the gray injectors were flowing at about 21.4lbs. I thought the readings may have been off so I tested a set of orange 19lb SVT injectors and they came out exactly at 19lbs. I was expecting to see 19lb and 24lb injectors. I can get the injectors numbers off them if people don't want to trust the color.

The PCM can only adjust so much and I think it was determined that 24lb injectors were out of the range of adjustment so you would need a tune.

Chris

I don't know its been a while since I had some tour injectors out but my 3L ones look taller, they are grey also. I'm no where near this far but LMK which ones I should use? Tuning is probably going to be one of the 1st things I tackle afterwards so I'm more concerned w/ the SVT injectors ability to supply the engine!

Injector numbers from my flow test:

Returnless 01+ Sable injectors:
Denso: YL8E-C7B (cream); flow tested at: 17.5lbs
Denso: 2F1E-A7A (gray); flow tested at: 21.4lbs

Return 98 SVT Contour injectors (control group):
Denso: F6VE-A5A (orange); flow tested at: 19lbs

Back