• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Harold and Injected Performance break into the 8s on drag radials! (VIDEO)

beyondloadedSE

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm pulling this directly from Harold's post on the 350Z forums. :)

Recently all free time has been spent prepping our 350z for the NOPI/NHRA season, including changes as drastic as a motor swap thanks to a 4.0L maximum displacement rule. After spending last weekend in our rig in Atlanta thanks to constant rain, we were finally able to make a couple passes at Moroso this weekend. After qualifying was over in a class of all Supras and us, we were sitting in the #1 position with a 8.99 @ 155mph. Sunday when eliminations came our crank sensor decided to give up and we didn't make the call. There is much more left in the car, and we are eager to see what it will do at the next race in NJ.

1.445 60' on MT DOT drag radials and weighed in at 3400 pounds after the pass
To get the car to hook on these tires we set the Haltech boost-by-front-wheelspeed to ramp in more boost once we got out of the gate

Our setup:
IP 4.0L VQ and IP Stage5 Heads
L19 Head studs, BC Stage3 Cams (272) & Valvetrain
Haltech Platinum PNP EMS
Garrett GT47R turbo @ 30psi
Powerglide, DSS Axles

Random info: The Haltech datalog of front wheel speed shows our Z ran 0-60 in 2.05 seconds

Video

Injected_Performance_Nissan_350z.jpg

Injected_Performance_Nissan_350z_launch.jpg

For all of us who are completely ignorant about drag racing, what is so special? I mean, that car is awsome, do not get me wrong... Is it just the fact that it was the first Z to get into the 8's? :shrug:

I'd have to ask Harold. It might be the fastest on radials, but I doubt it. I know before they switched their motor, it was the fastest on that motor. I think its just cool to myself and others because hes my friend and lots of members here met him at SZ 06 when he brought his Lexus SC300 (which by the way is the fastest in the world).

All that for 1k RPM's of full boost... Oh well, It'd be a fun 1k RPM's.

Thats really all you need, especially when your shifts never drop below 7K.
For example...here's Harold's Lexus. Its not a GT-47 turbo but you get the point.
9.4 In-Car

However, the Injected Performance is using a GT-47, and as you can see there is virtually no lag. ;)

FWIW, Marko's old supra ran 8.4X with a GT-47 on his Supra with the same 3 speed trans in the Lexus video.

Last edited:
Hey Jim, next time you are heading over to his shop let me know. I want to go with and drool over (not one :D) those amazing cars.

Back