• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wounded SVT - What now...?

Dirtylimey

CEG'er
So, im pretty sure my SVT is boned. On my way home it started clacking lightly, this progressed to loud clacking and squeaking and got ever louder until I limped it home.

I'm just wondering what you guys would do in my shoes...

Its my only car, I have a motorcycle which can get me to work, but the main issue here is I need to take my son to daycare everyday so that I can go to work. So basically I need to do something very soon, because i cant take too many days off of work.

Being a single working parent, I don't generally have the time to do a lot of mechanical work... So realistically, doing a 3.0l swap isn't going to work for me. Especially when i'm lacking the money in the first place.

I'm thinking my only realistic option is to sell it in its current state and buy a beater... :(

Well, keeping in the CEG mentality, I and/or some other people will buy it for sure. Give me a PM about your price as is.

I am saying "I want it" in a not so direct way :laugh:.... let me know what you want to do.

Last edited:
yeah, I agree with Mystaque, have some nearby CEG'er listen to it, or post a video/sound clip.

The troubleshooting he has done sounds like the motor is gone. Might be something wrong with the trans too when he is in first, it makes a "metal on metal" scraping noise :shrug:. Not sure, but I will probably be picking it up soon.....

Last edited:
I posted a vid/sound clip in the troubleshooting thread...

The oil light isn't on, but it was coming on and flickering before the car stalled out when coming to a stop when i brought it home last night.

I say some people should get together and help him out. Being a single parent and only vehicle. C'mon guys, help him get it in shape.:shrug:

I know. I feel bad so I offered to help, with $.... If he decides to fix it, maybe.... But I just want to take the headache out of his life.

oh my bad I thought you had a bunch of them I knew there where a couple cegers that had like 7+ svt's.

lets see pics of the car

Last edited:
l_1bf7788b37b5dc19b649f99976f302c6.jpg

l_d47865390b85f154b8ac59eb600f7eab.jpg

Sucks because I just put a couple of different tires on the front yesterday, since there was a bulge/blister on the sidewall of my left front. I also bought some fog lights since the left one just went out too. All of this and I hadnt even gotten around to fitting my stazi lower mesh :(

Back