• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

thought i'd let you all know

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
rara and i were discussing throttle body shafts. i am putting my engine back together and left the shaft in cleveland. he suggested i get one from a 3.0 duratec. i went to the junkyard today and grabbed one. it fits beautifully in there, but has the wrong guides for the linkage. just thought i'd let you guys know if you're ever in the same boat as me. only the svt throttle shaft fits the svt throttle body

yep...but some the 3L is the closest to fitting the svt throttle cable and cable bracket

mine is no where even close to fitting right. now i have to take my mothers car back to cleveland again... :mad:

I think you got a 3L shaft from a newer model. You need the shaft from a 3L with the aluminum split-port manifold.

thats what i meant. those are the only one's i've ever used. and they are pretty damn close

i got one from the older model. its completely off. looked like it should work. doesnt work in the least

Back