• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

black98csvt's CSVT

LUCA

Boomstick\Owner
Admin
Doug got his SVT back from the body shop, it was completely repainted. I thought I'd 'ho' his car for him...

Doug-1.jpg

Hightower'd headlights w/painted eyelids:
DougHightower.jpg

Front view w/ painted Stazi mesh:

DougSVTFront.jpg

Tinted tails w/ one of Parkedcar's SVT overlays:

Dougspaintedtails.jpg

Gunmetal E1's:

black98csvt-1.jpg

Looks good Doug!

The tips are actually bigger than the stock size. It's probably the angle that makes them look smaller, etc.
They don't look bad at all in person sticking out like that.

The body shop that did the work did a good job. Right now it sits inside the shop where he works until the nice weather hits. He drives a 98 SE Sport as his DD these days, the SVT will only be driven on nice days.

Here is a before picture:
Doug1.jpg

Thanks everyone, I am happy to get positive feed back. My old boss would tell me the tips need to be bigger but i like them. When i do the headers i might change them not sure. I still have a few things to do like the XM antenna, and finish with the trunk. I will post or have Luca post more pics when i get there.

yeah thats an idea I will have to talk to my buddy about having them tucked in a bit more. not sure what I am gonna do.

if all goes well I will be at carlisle, but you can't have it. thanks for all the good feed back, how do people like the color of the wheels? just curious

are those painted eyelids?

if so, has anyone tried rattle-can paint?

cause i may be the 1st..lol

Yes Mike, they are painted on.
I'll let Doug tell you what kind of paint, etc. though.

nice name, dork :laugh:

but seriously, thats a mean looking ride you got there! looks great!

Dork? Be nice. ;) You call Doug a dork but you travel with a blow-up doll named Linda... hmmm
rotflmao_1.gif

yes the eye lids are painted on. my boss and i built a paint booth at our shop and painted them, and the wheels. we also made sure to cover the silver line around the side of the light. we did not use spray paint he has a paint gun and we did all the sanding and finish work. well worth the time. as long as yoy prep the lights well they should look ok.

Back