• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Installing '05 Escape UIM on '01 Taurus engine

PurpleMystique

Hard-core CEG'er
My new '05 Escape UIM is here, now I just need to know what goes where:

Current setup ('01 Taurus UIM and LIM with Taurus fuel rail):
n16908665_36468538_2737.jpg

The new one:
n16908665_36468552_986.jpg

I see three vacuum hookups in the top center and one under the tb hookup. I need to know how to get the throttle body hooked up correctly as well.

Help?

The TB will be straight forward but I am almost certain you will need to cut a plate out up top for the IAC to seal it off. Because you will need your hood cleareance. I would take the EGR and use it for the IAC by making a plate for a large nipple. The IAC you will need to make a plate for it where you weld in two large nipples where you will plumb one into the EGR inlet and the other before the TB on a custome 2.5" pipe where I would also plumb in the PCV also into the pipe. Next you will modify the Taurus TB plate for the throttle cable. There will be some vacuum lines you can uses for the brake booster or you can just use them for the IAC and just plug the EGR instead. Be sure to go the Autozone and buy reducers tees the universal ones are very nice. You will connect the fuel tank vaccum line, EVAP canister and fuel tank EVAP line too. I know I am hard to follow but you will need to tie in all the lines into the main plenum. Joey

Nima (96BlackSE) might be able to help as I beleive it's the same mods you have to do when using the ST220 UIM.

Aaron

Is anyone running the Escape manifold? I thought the Escape manifold was too tall to fit under the hood? It definitely sits higher than the Taurus/Sable intake manifold.

Is anyone running the Escape manifold? I thought the Escape manifold was too tall to fit under the hood? It definitely sits higher than the Taurus/Sable intake manifold.

if you put on the IAC it will hit I closed the hood on the car we had but I working up a kit for everyone even if it includes one small spacer and some EGR pipes, TB, etc it was tight but I know it can be done you have to relocate the coil pack off the rear side of the valve cover tucked down low. But to answer that question I was the first to do it from what I know so far Joey

Back