• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 svt lighting issues

JayNHL

New CEG'er
Question guys/gals... I've been having some issues the last like 2-3 weeks with my left or drivers side lighting... I was woundering if anyone could help me here... Its a 98 svt... I've never modified anything that has to do with the lighting and i've changed the bulbs 3 times with new ones trying to fix this problem...

ok my problem is only in the rear on the drivers side...

with my headlights and parking lights turned off, everything works as it should but after leaving the left/drivers turn signal on for a extend period of time it starts to blink faster and faster the longer i leave it on...

now heres the big problem, with my lights and or parking lights on my brake light on the left/drivers side doesnt work and my turn signal blinks a million miles an hour and its really dim in the rear...

anyone got any ideas what my problem is??? i just got pulled over the other day because of it so i have 10 days to fix it before i get a ticket... so anyone???

thanks
jason

If your turn signal in your gauge cluster is blinking fast, that means it's respective bulb is out and needs to be replaced.

lights

lights

the gauge cluster and outside the car are both blinking fast when the headlights/parking lights are on and the left/drivers side turn signal is on... and while the headlights are on the left/drivers side brake light is out n the rear turn signal on that same side is really dim and blinking a mile a min...

now like i said when the headlights are off/parking lights are off the brake light works fine and the turn signal works fine but if left on for more then like a min it starts to go faster and faster...

anyone got any ideas???

jason

Back