• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Warmonger Upgrade

Done!
Here are some pics.
I ran out of jackstands, so I used a case of beer to hold up the front!
IMGP3068.jpg

j/k

All back together
IMGP3074.jpg

IMGP3076.jpg

I had a major problem with the brakelines though, they came with female ends and for some reason the hardline has a female end too. I ended up having to cut off the flare, install a male end and then reflare it. Its not perfect and I only bothered doing it on one side. I will have a little adaptor section of hardline made and then fix them properly.

First impressions are these are super nice, no weird noises or anything and they already feel a lot more stable.

Looking good. Thanks for posting the machining for future reference for others. By now I think you have determined ITS WORTH IT!

Good use of the beer too, but then I don't drink.

Also for the benefit of others, about how much did the machining cost?

Last edited:
Machining was $180. I think it was a bit steep but he did a good job. He charges 100 an hour. He also let me use a his dremel to grind off the ridges left after the machining which he suggested I do (round out the corners to reduce the risk of cracking). He also sand blasted the brackets which made me wish I had brought in the front brackets too.

To recap the work:
Machine inside of the hat to increase the diameter by 1/8"
Turn rotor faces
Mill inside face of caliper bracket flush
Mill 5/64" off the outside faces of the bracket

He was asking me all about what I was doing and it turns out he has a contour too.

wow, 180 for machine work. mine all together cost me 80. then again i didnt get my rear rotors turned.. looks good though. you should notice an immediate difference the first time you drive it... and about the brake lines, my car was the exact same way. im assuming yours was one of the later 2000s made? cause the fittings on the hard lines and the fittings on the ss lines i got when i did mine were both female. and having 3 other csvts at my house, i did some looking around and none of my other cars had female fittings on the hard lines. i was pissed. i just bought some male/ male adapters from aeroquip. hell of a lot easier than reflaring the ends.

I searched everywhere for adaptors and nowhere had them cause they're metric. I had cut one of my rear lines so I could put the box wrench on it to get it out of the caliper cause I was scared of stripping the nut so I was kind of screwed.
The kicker is, since I had to mess with the one side I can't just order the coupler for that one now. I'm just going to have 2 pieces of hardline made with the male end and splice that in on both.

ya, i didnt think about it or else i would have mentioned it earlier. i never wouldve thought someone else would have that problem. i figured it was just my car, because thats not the first thing on my car that ive come across being different than other csvts.. and of course you cant find them at any parts store, thats how every part for these cars is..

Back