• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just moved to Phoenix

Cool! If there's not a FJ meet soon, we need to have our own (like last time :laugh:). Hey, I still haven't seen any vids from the last one.

My p/s pump is leaking really bad now. I'm going to order a new one tomorrow... and hopefully will install it before next weekend. But whenever I "get on it" it leaks a bunch on my y-pipe... which is followed by a bunch of smoke. So I'd prefer to have the "fun" type meet after I fix that.

Cool! If there's not a FJ meet soon, we need to have our own (like last time :laugh:). Hey, I still haven't seen any vids from the last one.

My p/s pump is leaking really bad now. I'm going to order a new one tomorrow... and hopefully will install it before next weekend. But whenever I "get on it" it leaks a bunch on my y-pipe... which is followed by a bunch of smoke. So I'd prefer to have the "fun" type meet after I fix that.

Yeah i told him we're going to show him the Canyon Lake trail. that s.hits a little rediculous for my "all seasons" :laugh:

Mabey before a run like that Canyon Lake run I'd like to get my rstb and heat shield on. We could meet up and help each other out so all our cars are tip-top.

heheh it'll be a while before my car is tip top again... hopefully within 2-3 months. Despite that, the canyon is still fun... I just can't currently push the limits of the car. Errors on that road can be very expensive.

Ack! You guys (99RedCSVT & Red99CSVT) are confusing. I keep having to look at your location to tell which is which :)

Snipes me all the time too. Needs more screen name originality. My cars finished so now I can go to the next meet that becomes availible.

I was here first :shrug: it's actually gotten me a few times too. I was thinking of going to a meet on Saturday night at the Scottsdale Pavillion mabey next week?

I was here first :shrug: it's actually gotten me a few times too....

You got me by 2 months and 10 days. Oh well. I think it's funny. But anyways...

Yeah, I looked into UTI and MMI. Too ex$pensive. But i'm going to a community college for the first 2 years to get my associates and then transfer somewhere else.

Just postin' to see how you're doin Scott, must be pretty busy havn't heard much from you lately! Hope you got some free time soon, i wanna replace my IMRC! if i get bored tonight, i might end up goin on a cruise near the canyon run we did, anybody else feel bored, hit me up.

Work had finally slowed down last week, and I was hoping it would stay that way for a while, but I found out friday that I'm going to be really busy in a couple weeks.... for about the next 6 months. I think they're going to be making me salaried again... so once that happens, they can suck my nuts -- no more charity overtime for me.

Beyond work... I've spent the last couple days (just finished) working on my car. I replaced my powersteering pump, the rotating fitting, the big rubber hose to the reservoir and the reservoir. I used the Haynes manual and snapped a stud with 200in/lbs force... then I checked the ford cd and it specified around 70in/lbs :mad:! I'm so pissed... and I most likely stretched the other 5 studs, before I backed them down.

Other things I found out about my car while working on it. The ABS sensor ring on my front passenger side axle was loose and is rotating independently of the axle. Probably why my ABS issue got so much worse recently.

Also, any time I have my wheels off the ground, I wiggle check them. I pushed hard and heard the pop I've been hearing for a while -- which I've been thinking was rack play. I decided to push really hard on it and I heard a clunk when I let go. I got the flash light and did it again. The rack was flopping around! I got under the car and found the bolt on the passenger side was all the way out. The bolt on the drivers side was at least finger tight. Since you can't tighten those w/o dropping the subframe.... that makes me even more anxious to do my motor swap.

Wow buddy some issues, I need to do some routine maint soon oil. plugs, heat shield ntb installed little stuff. I just got my schedule for school and I'll be on nights 2pm-8pm mon-fri not too bad.

Morbid-give me a call if you want a hand with that stuff I can try and make it over to help you out.

Thanks! I would greatly appreciate any help with the swap. Not sure exactly when that'll happen, but I'm hoping I can start ordering the parts within a month.

Back